Suicidal severely wounded IA troops

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sacredceltic

Suicidal severely wounded IA troops

Post by sacredceltic »

I notice that when IA troops are severely wounded they adopt suicidal behaviours:
Either they attack stronger troops, although they have no prospect of victory or upgrade.
Either they take refuge in the nearest village, regardless of the fact that this village is in enemy range?
In both cases, they are systematically killed on next turn.
This strange behaviour accounts for most casualties in IA troops ranks.

Could this be improved ?
tekelili

Re: Suicidal severely wounded IA troops

Post by tekelili »

sacredceltic wrote:Either they attack stronger troops, although they have no prospect of victory or upgrade.
Very often this is not a stupid behavior at all. This behavior increase amount of possible damage over a unit and is often a severe threat for players keep important units alive when AI is able to use this tactic. In fact this tactic has real use even in human vs human top games, quite epic leader kills well performed that way.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I've seen many times where many wounded AI units will do this to great effect, say to kill a hero. They get their blows in, die, another unit comes in, gets it's blows in, dies, etc. And the hero gets either very wounded or killed on that turn. This is one occasion where you really wish your unit would miss every time. :geek:
sacredceltic

Post by sacredceltic »

Sure, I've also seen this. But this behaviour is too systematic. Honest, what I witness most times is sheer massive waste of troops. I think it should be more balanced.