Creating a custom user handler

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MechMK1

Creating a custom user handler

Post by MechMK1 »

Hello. I'm trying to create a custom user handler, based off the sample user handler.
However, I am uncertain where user handlers are registered to the server or the configuration file, aka. what other files besides the new user handler source code and the CMakeLists.txt I have to modify.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Creating a custom user handler

Post by gfgtdf »

I am unsure what you mean by user handler. Are you talking about the user handlers in the wesnorthd server? If yes, then note that the wesnothd will soon get quite some changes (maybe i next 1.13.x version), see the pr about using boost asio in wesnothd
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
MechMK1

Re: Creating a custom user handler

Post by MechMK1 »

Yes, I was talking about the wesnothd user handler.

I am trying to make a simpler version of the forum user handler, working with a simple sqlite db and such, so the game server is decoupled from third-party forum software