War Hammer

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Midnight_Carnival

War Hammer

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

A bit random
I got given a box of tiny models and a book.
I now own 6/20 assembled Skaven Clanrats (unpainted) - I'm not sure about assembling the rest.
The Skaven book was quite interesting, it says that I need to buy a lot more models before I can
play a game of War Hammer - only to be expected, I imagine that they are very expensive too.
The book did not contain much info on how I'd play the game, except for details on how Skaven differed from other races. I could interpolate some of it, but not much.

Does anybody here play War Hammer, is a box of Skaven Clanrats a good thing to have, otherwise,
miscelaneously, what the hell? (advice, comments, etc)
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
kiss

Re: War Hammer

Post by kiss »

War Hammer? Damn, the 80's!
At this time, there were a saturday's event organized by a local club. They played on an impressive battle ground, hand made, with hills, trees, rocks, ... Perhaps such club still exists today?
This kind of game wasn't sold in classical game shop, but rather in specialized shop selling wargames, RPG, figurine, reduced model and remote controlled cars, planes, ...

I'm afraid you have an extension kit. No way to play with it, but paint ...
You need that
Midnight_Carnival

I thought as much re the impossible to get and you'd need at least ten thousand more sets to play a proper game.

I'm enjoying asembling and painting them though.
I took an extra standard pole and cunningly cut down a pole-arm to make an extra-long pike wielding Skaven, then I carefully vivisected a sword and another pole-arm to make a battle axe wielding Skaven. Yes, I've been frankensteining War Hammer models! Years of working in a second hand shop and making 'antiques' out of broken trash mean that my gluing bits together in ways that they weren't designed to go is nearly invisible and flawless!

I was just wondering if my franking models would effect the game-play - I mean I was hoping that I'd be able to use the same stats and pass it off as the Skaven's chaotic nature, but...
In the unlikley event of ever getting enough models to play a game and finding an existing club or whatever, what are the chances that my improvised models would be accepted?
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

Very high. The Warhammer community tends to encourage it.
I promise you that the vast majority of the models seen in the following website have some level of modification (it's a Games Workshop sponsored "painting" contest).
http://whfm.blogspot.ca/2011/06/golden- ... bsite.html
Midnight_Carnival

:shock:
heh-heh, I think I'll need to practice a bit before I can paint that well.
But the scenery is inspiring, my brother used to make models for his railroad, I sometimes annoyed him and got in his way (helped him), so I'll be interested to try and make completely ruined partied out Skaven terrain.