NaNoWriMo 2014

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

johndh

NaNoWriMo 2014

Post by johndh »

Some of you are familiar with it. Some of you, doubtless, are not. The goal is the write a 50,000-word work of fiction, starting on November 1 and finishing on or before November 30. It's a lot of writing, but it's certainly possible even if you have a full-time job. I did it last year and it was a rewarding experience. The idea isn't necessarily to write a *good* novel, but just to write a novel. I've met so many so-called and aspiring writers who have never actually produced a work of writing, so if you're one of those "some day I want to write a novel" people, now is your chance to do it. If you already do a substantial amount of writing and want some practice, or you just think it would be a fun thing to do, this is also for you. It's not dipping your toes in the creek; it's diving straight in and swimming like hell. It is not necessarily for the faint of heart and most people who try do not make it to the 50,000-word goal by November 30th, but that's okay because it's mostly just for fun and practice anyway, so it's fine even if you think you can't do it. :) I'll be entering again this year and if any of my fellow Wesnothians were to join in, I think we could have a fun thing going.

http://nanowrimo.org/faq
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
Midnight_Carnival

Re: NaNoWriMo 2014

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

I'm glad to read this, I will not be taking part because I have my hands full with work and critters, but I would love to read the sort of novel which is written in 30 days, it could be intersting.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Re: NaNoWriMo 2014

Post by ancestral »

The point with NaNoWriMo (I like to call it ナノリモ) is there’s value even if you don’t finish. Getting in that mode to write, taking the time… to me that’s what it’s truly about. There’s nothing wrong about not finishing, or not getting to 50,000 words.

Even though November is a busy month, my girlfriend is gearing up for it. But… hmm, maybe I should to…
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer