Hotseat games

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Irosonic

Hotseat games

Post by Irosonic »

Hey guys,

i am pretty new to the forum but i play the game for a while now. (And of course i love it ^_^ )
Most of the time i play the game via Internet or the oldschool-way in the hotseatmode which is great to have.

But i got a problem with this mode.
For Example: You are playing your faction. After you pressing the "Turn end" button you will direktly see the screen and the area of the your enemy.
In compare to the game via internet yo will be forced to see directly the faction of your enemy and also see his formations and units the enemy intend to
keep as a secret or suprise.

My idea refers to the time between the turns (in hotseatmode of course).
Instead of being forced to glimpse on the sight of your opponent, you will see a darkscreen with the name of the next player who´s in line.
Under the name of the next player, which could be in the middle position of the screen, could be a button which enable the next player to start his turn.

Thats it :). :eng:

Thanks for your replies and sry for my bad english.
If you got other solutions i would be thankful to hear them.

greetings Iro
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Hotseat games

Post by zookeeper »

It's a pretty commonly requested feature, so hopefully it'll happen sometime.
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

Actually, I added this in 1.13+dev two months ago. It was a very simple matter (2 lines of c++) to do it, recycling the blindfold mechanism I added. To use it, simply enable the "Turn Dialog" option under Preferences -> General.

It was determined that this was constitutes a feature request and not a bug, otherwise I would have added it to 1.12 as well.

Edit: Original feature request here, in 2004: https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?3856
Irosonic

Post by Irosonic »

thats great :) looking forward to see it in stable :)