skeletons need to be tweaked

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
amanII

skeletons need to be tweaked

Post by amanII »

it is thanks to skeletons that i am unable to beat the scenario "the south guard".honestly skeletons should not have a resistance to blade weapons because that would make them so much more tolerable.there is hardly any good impact attacks in the south guard and in vale of tears only 1 arcane attack.
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: skeletons need to be tweaked

Post by beetlenaut »

Welcome to the forums!

This is not an argument for changing skeletons. That would be a huge change for the rest of the game. However, this could be an argument for reducing the number of enemies in Vale of Tears. That means that the best place for this is in the South Guard campaign feedback thread.

That said, this level is quite beatable, though I think it took me several attempts the first time a played it. Cavalry are your best option against the skeletons. Get a castle full. It takes them a while to cut down a skeleton, but they do it eventually. You also have two healers, which you can use to help keep the cavalry alive. If you still can't beat it, lower the difficulty level on the load screen.

If you want to see it done, post your savefile from the beginning of the scenario, and someone will probably play it with your recall list and post a replay.

EDIT: In the meantime, here is a playthrough I did on the hardest difficulty. To make it more challenging, I didn't recall any units or use all my gold.
Attachments
TSG-Vale_of_Tears_replay.bz2
(28.84 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide