Large scale battle -> platoons!

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Wussel

Re: Large scale battle -> platoons!

Post by Wussel »

So much what could be done. Many UMC-stories seem to be in need of massive battles. This is just an observation.

The idea was to give creators the option to create a massive war-like battle without rendering everything unplayable.

So we want to show lots of "unit-sprites" on the field but still maintain a playable skirmish-like szenario.

For the records: passive backstab is a negative attribute meaning every other platoon can backstab them. Stacking inspire should be an formation bonus for closed formations. Two lines are better than one. Thus following historic battleplans should be beneficial and battles would look more realistic. The player might be better at this than the AI as usual.

It all has been said above allready. But so much to read.
Hammerfritz

Re: Large scale battle -> platoons!

Post by Hammerfritz »

Greetings!

So I just saw you talking about platoons in the ideas section! Thing is, I wrote a mod doing more or less what you are talking about a few months ago ("Squad Scale Units Modpack"), you're of course free to use the material in any kind of UMC. It also includes the option to fuse units, however no splitting of platoons - chiefly because that would allow cheap production of units possessing non-hitpoint-percentage bound abilities like heal. If you have any suggestions on how to circumvent this problem please do let me know!
In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn’t your turn.

(Wizards of the Coast: Dungeons and Dragons Player's Handbook)