Animation WML ideas for 1.13+

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
ForestDragon

Animation WML ideas for 1.13+

Post by ForestDragon »

here are some WML ideas i have (they are relatively small, but the lack of them (except point 1, and 3) can be pretty annoying when making animations):
1.i think the last breath event trigger should probably trigger before the death animation, since the current way can look pretty weird depending on the unit death animation.
2.i think adding 'halo_alpha=' to the animation wml would be pretty good, since it's often pretty annoying without it. just like 'alpha=' but for halos.
3.another animation wml idea: 'offset_second='. this can be used, for example, to make attack animations that push/pull the enemy, etc.
4.i think adding halo_autof(and h)flip=, and halo_x,y would be pretty nice to have in the unit type wml, to affect unit halos
5.having 'main_halo_alpha=','main_halo_x,y=','main_halo_mod=',ect. would be very nice.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Animation WML ideas for 1.13+

Post by zookeeper »

ForestDragon wrote:1.i think the last breath event trigger should probably trigger before the death animation, since the current way can look pretty weird depending on the unit death animation.
But it does.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

zookeeper wrote:
ForestDragon wrote:1.i think the last breath event trigger should probably trigger before the death animation, since the current way can look pretty weird depending on the unit death animation.
But it does.
oh, right. It just works like i said in 1.12 (which i currently use), so my wml knowledge may not be 100% up-to-date
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

That's not how it works in 1.12 either. Last breath events trigger before death animations, die events trigger after them.