[DIY] making html5 wesnoth-themed Tower Defense game

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shadow_Walker

[DIY] making html5 wesnoth-themed Tower Defense game

Post by Shadow_Walker »

Hello All,

While making wesnoth-themed Roguelike game is a lot of fun, I decided to do something different just to keep myself entertained :) Please find an early prototype (playable) of the Wesnoth-themed Tower Defense game (in-browser, html5) at the link below:
https://googledrive.com/host/0Bwdi8PZRQ ... m5rdF9NN00

So, concept is very well known: Enemies (undead, dwarves, saurians - units with well-defined walking animations) are marching through towards the "exit" using various paths. Towers (elves, units with ranged attacks) must stop them by all means. So, click on the castle spots, place elves, upgrade elves and stop enemies. Enemies vary in health, speed and abilities (some can teleport, other may become invisible etc). Tower upgrades include mass-slow, splash damage etc. Player may use Special Powers - scepter creates fireballs, hammer teleports enemies back, trident stuns and damages. To activate: select one (or more) of those round buttons, then click on enemies. Boom!

Single levels and Campaigns are pluggable. Level backgrounds are made using Wesnoth's map designer + json description of wave compositions.

Screenshots:

DeCoolest_Cat

Re: [DIY] making html5 wesnoth-themed Tower Defense game

Post by DeCoolest_Cat »

That looks very promising. :D How long has it taken you to make this? Sorry if this is off topic but I think it fits.

I feel like there was a tower defense like add-on for wesnoth 4-5 years ago. All I remember was you had peasants (I think) that could be leveled up on cave walls or something trying to kill units as they pass through little paths (of shallow water if I recall correctly). Also, I remember your leader was off to the right somewhat. Does anyone remember this? Again sorry that this isnt really about your project.
Author of beta campaign Kalbruk's Journey - My art thread - My collection of single player scenarios: The Archives
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

DeCoolest_Cat wrote:That looks very promising. :D How long has it taken you to make this? Sorry if this is off topic but I think it fits.

I feel like there was a tower defense like add-on for wesnoth 4-5 years ago. All I remember was you had peasants (I think) that could be leveled up on cave walls or something trying to kill units as they pass through little paths (of shallow water if I recall correctly). Also, I remember your leader was off to the right somewhat. Does anyone remember this? Again sorry that this isnt really about your project.
I think Velensk was the author of that add-on
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

I'm always happy to see a Wesnoth based game.
(Even if I'm not a fan of TD games).
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟