SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.8.60 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

Warfall wrote:
Mabuse wrote: sorry, but nope. your nickname wil be in the list of SXRPG experts forever.
you contributed a lot of valuable stuff (replays) and opinions. :)
Hi Mabuse,

what a malediction ! Glued forever... the definitive proof that SXRPG is nightmarish ;-)
Of course. :) What did you think?

Anyways, thanks for the bug reports, suggestions and replays, this is something i can work with.

Lately i got carried away a bit from BfW. But i think i really need to finish a new Map/new Version before Christmas :)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Okay. Fixed some bugs so far.

this is what got changed recently (and will appear in the next upload):
-----------------------------------
- Shield-of-Deflection item drop fixed. This Item ws invisible on the map, as its gfx-path was wrong.
it could be collected though.

- missing armor slots: in late game there are some armor items which can be dropped by bosses, these items didnt increase the armor-base,
and thus reduced the armor slots of the player (luckily most heroes most likely spent all armor already at this point)

- coins dropped by scavenger and bounty-hunter get picked-up automatically when moving onto them.
(only amounts of 3,4,5 gold are affected)

- changed some weapon-names of the drop-items, so there are no sell-problems in shop.
(like: player collects a better-net and sell the old-net in shop and both get sold)

- regen+ will be always showed on top of the ability-list. so the players can always see their regen-value.

- some ID's for restricted abilities and weapon-specials will get updated.

some things that will not change (for now):
----------------------------------

- starting gold for 5 players.
5 player game will be always "easier", as this is how the game should be played. 5 player start is also the most unforgiving, and coordinating a 5 player team is also more difficult.

so wether 5 player is most easy or not is anyway debateable, but i am fine if solo-players tell me that a coordinated 5 player-team has the best chances if played properly, because this is the way it should be.

1 player "team" should be the hardest setting, if not impossible, because all the power on one hero make also the start a lot easier, more forgiving, also less coordination among the heroes is needed.

all numbers in-between should be sorted accordingly.

- Unit list for SX-Era
Well, at least not for now. If there is a proposal why a certain default Unit shoudl be added, feel free to tell me.

Left to fix:
-----------
about the ai berserkers ... well, except that i may renounce using them in late game i dont know a fix for that problem atm. maybe in late game i will use version that have something like a rage-special, with 5-8 rounds of attacking.

ai do not take player weapons into account for their combat calculation (got disabled), so the only slowing factor is the rounds of attacking on the ai-unit side.

i think in late game, the ai wil not use berserk units, or modified versions of them.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Warfall wrote: I share your consideration about berserk (enemy units) and the end of game. I think i can confirm after the various tests with ranger(s) only, that berserker are no more a problem at this stage of the gameplay.
after thinking about it, i may maybe not renounce on berserkers, but modify the late-game-berserkers (lvl3 berserkers) in a way that hey do a rage5 attack (attacking lats 5 rounds) which also triples (x3) the dealt and recieving damage

this will reduce the calucation times while keeping almost the same 15x times damage that a 15 round berserk wil deal.

well, maybe all ai-berserkers get modified that way. :)
Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.8.70 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

Version 4.8.70 uploaded to the Server

4.8.70:
---------

Hero changes:
--------------
- Cleric Buff: Divine Health Spell get +33% efficiency (66% of normal healing effeciency now, formerly: 50%)

Bug Fixes:
----------
- Shield-of-Deflection item drop fixed. This Item ws invisible on the map, as its gfx-path was wrong.
it could be collected though.

- missing armor slots: in late game there are some armor items which can be dropped by bosses, these items didnt increase the armor-base,
and thus reduced the armor slots of the player (luckily most heroes most likely spent all armor already at this point)

- changed some weapon-names of the drop-items, so there are no sell-problems in shop.
(like: player collects a better-net and sell the old-net in shop and both get sold)

- changed weapon names in sx shop. all weapons got a "sx_" prefix before their names.

Gameplay Changes:
------------------
- coins dropped by scavenger and bounty-hunter get collected automatically when moving onto them.
(only amounts of 3,4,5 gold are affected)

- berserk special of ai-units get replaced with "brutal berserk" which makes the attacks last 6 rounds of combat and both units damage is multiplied by 2.5
(this is to make the later gameplay more comfortable and reduce calculation times)

(of course this has effect on the game. all in all the results are more extreme now, sometimes less damage, and sometimes more than in former version, making berserkers more unpredictable and luck-sensitive).

Gameplay changes:
-----------------------
- late game creeps deal more damage. No change about creep HP.

The damage-increase start on turn 110 with a value of 3% per 10 turns. so turn 110 creeps deal 3% more damage than creeps of former version.
This effect is culmulative, on turn 200 the creeps deal about 20% more damage than former versions

desired effect is to enforce/support/reward fast gameplay strategies
and to give another challenge by increasing the difficulty slightly.
as mentioned, since the effect is culmulative you wont notice much on turn 110
but on turn 190 life may become a bit more uncomfortable. not to mention turns beyond 220+

- hope for feedback from the testers.

Side Note:
This will also apply for PLAYER CONTROLLED demons. So player controlled demons will deal more damage in late game.

Also reduce the size of the upload a bit. (by deleting some unused gfx)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

i prepared a small update (4.8.80) which does currently only the following:

Item Fix:
----------
- Items that increase Regeneration rate will activate and display new regeneration value immediatly after being picked up
(formerly the effect only took place after visiting the shop)

in the old version the item which increased the (health)regeneration rate only used the effect after next shop (and all following) visits (which is not explained in-game)

however, i wonder if there are more suggestions ...

some chit-chat:
---------------

beside that i started random-max-level-era-solo-run on evil-dead, expert diff - and i got a griffon, which i used as a ranger (megaregen, scavenger, dauntless, hit-an-run, energy-storm and crossbow as ranged weapons, torch as melee, sold the original weapon)

well, what can i say, the griffin is highly mobile and i am currently on turn 89, ai8 and ai9 still alive, but i plundered already in their lairs. (in the end bat would have been the better choice, but random-unit is nice anyways)

atm, only the energy storm is maxed out, which was definately a mistake, i should definately also max-out the crossbbow and need to farm some gold for that still (so the game will take some moooore time). definately going to end that game. (and maybe i should have not bought a crossbow as 2nd weapon, perhaps a sling would have been better - but the marksman of the crossbow helped in the beginning nevertheless :))

well, im a bit rusty, but expert 1unit solo is definately playable - at least evil-dead ;)
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
noize

Post by noize »

Hi, all. Previous version was much harder. Yesterday lastly i finished temple of bones solo in 115 turns, without reloads by one unit on experienced mode. Seems for me with some new items mana recharge rate was to cheating.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

noize wrote:Hi, all. Previous version was much harder. Yesterday lastly i finished temple of bones solo in 115 turns, without reloads by one unit on experienced mode. Seems for me with some new items mana recharge rate was to cheating.
replay or it didnt happen :)
(no joke - i'd like to see the replay if availabale, just for entertaining and balance)

on a more serious note:
ok, now, is it good or bad? at least you hopefully had 115 turns some fun.
(and it seems you are somewhat expierienced, so - good job)

115 turns for ToB seems pretty fast though. :)
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Btw, Noize sent me the replay (i was quite sure that it existed).
i can only encourage him to upload the replay on the forum, surely it may be interesting also for others.

quite entertaining, but i have a problem .... almost all replays run sooner or later into OOS and sometimes with the result that the game crashes sooner or later.

any ideas why this is happening ... ? or better said: is it just my version of wesnoth, or is it the same with you .. i can barely watch a replay 'til the end.

i any case from what i saw the replay is nice, noize used a nice way to clear the map - and he used a ROGUEMAGE which is really fine for me since it proves that roguemages are still good for something :)

i dont consider that only the found items were responsible for his run, instead good income and looting was more responsible (around turn 20 he got the cornucopia). unfortuanately i was not able to watch it until the end. it crashed shortly before killing the last ai8 boss.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Warfall wrote: B°) And now the heart of the topic: is 'mage' / 'cast spell' overkill with the new 'dropped items' (those regarding 'mana' regeneration, and those directly addressing 'spell') ?

The short answer: it might be ;-)

You can see the usage of 'mage' for 4.8.60 release in the replay i previously had sent to you, in particular the one with 5 ranger class units expert level of EvilDead (i had also verified, the same strategy works flawlessly for WoW and ToB, same level).

The principle can't be more simple: you take only one 'mage', and put on it every 'dropped items' marked 'mana' or 'spell'. Reaching turn 50~60, your 'mage' have an impressive 'cast spell' power, and reaching turn 90~100 the 'cast spell' value is 4500~5500 damage points.

Lets quote it shortly: comfortable ;-))) To make the comparison more sensible, this is nearly twice the power you can get out of a 'warrior' with 'magical/rage', at the same stage (so basically, 'cast spell' is also the same power that can be reach out of a 'warrior' with 'berserk', but this effect is more difficult to evaluate because of low chances to hit without at least 'magical'). The big difference not being in the damages you send, but in the fact that 'cast spell' deliver damages to enemy units _without_ getting a single damage back.

(**) To sum up the topic on numbers: the difference between playing with 'cast spell' available, and playing without any 'cast spell', is not a difference between "the game is feasible" or not, but a difference in the number of turns you need to achieve the game. I think that 'cast spell' can make you gain something like 10~15 turns (depending on the maps, 10 for EvilDead, rather 15 for WoW and ToB).

Currently? Regarding the fact that raising a 'mage' in the first stages of the game is neither funny or neither useful for the other units fights, my answer will rather be: no. Some efforts deserve reward ;-)))
btw, nice information and currently i also agree with the last line: "some efforts deserve rewards".

so if the mage is a unit that can be played and has a value to the team and makes somewhat a difference, then its fine for me :)
noize

Post by noize »

Mabuse wrote:Btw, Noize sent me the replay (i was quite sure that it existed).
i can only encourage him to upload the replay on the forum, surely it may be interesting also for others.

quite entertaining, but i have a problem .... almost all replays run sooner or later into OOS and sometimes with the result that the game crashes sooner or later.
I checked it on another pc and could to see full replay.
Both have 1.10.7-1 version (official debian repo).
Seems you are right, problem in different versions of wesnoth or maybe it depend on OS which you have.

I will post links in public when complete ww2 on expert mode :)