Drake too weak vs. Undead?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Roman Loyalist

Re: Replay

Post by Roman Loyalist »

Gallifax wrote: Were both xchoosing factions.:)

Drakes (hubmle Gallifax) vs Solo undead on Hamlets
How long Undead_Drake match will be unbalanced? I think need increase resistance Drake's to cold.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Re: Replay

Post by Doc Paterson »

Roman Loyalist wrote: How long Undead_Drake match will be unbalanced?
Do you think that it's at all unrealistic and/or cocky to assume that you know better than the group of experts that balanced this matchup?

Why exactly would anyone want believe that you are right, and the best players, who think that this match is balanced, are wrong?

Do you really think that just because you don't know how to play the match properly that all of these other players are wrong?
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Roman Loyalist

Post by Roman Loyalist »

Doc Paterson
I played enough (and saw enough other the game ) to assert :"Matchup Drake vs Undead" unbalanced. Becouse mass adepts kill all.
someone will say :"recruit saurians", but 1 saurian not kill 1 adept. BUT!!
1 Undead may kill 1 saurian. Another drake's too weak. uniquely need increase resistans from -50 to -20 & this enought. I play in wesnoth 2,5 & understand something in balance. IMHO.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Roman Loyalist wrote:Doc Paterson
I played enough (and saw enough other the game ) to assert :"Matchup Drake vs Undead" unbalanced. Becouse mass adepts kill all.
someone will say :"recruit saurians", but 1 saurian not kill 1 adept. BUT!!
1 Undead may kill 1 saurian. Another drake's too weak. uniquely need increase resistans from -50 to -20 & this enought. I play in wesnoth 2,5 & understand something in balance. IMHO.
Funny that you'd simply answer all of the questions that I asked with "I've played enough to know." Try answering the questions I posed to you, above.
Doc Paterson wrote:
Do you think that it's at all unrealistic and/or cocky to assume that you know better than the group of experts that balanced this matchup?

Why exactly would anyone want believe that you are right, and the best players, who think that this match is balanced, are wrong?

Do you really think that just because you don't know how to play the match properly that all of these other players are wrong?
{Incidentally, I rarely recruit any Saurians against Undead. I recruit almost all Drakes; run during the night and blow the Undead away at day (their ability to retreat is signifactly worse than yours, and you'll be able to net at least one or two of them with every assault. Repeat.}
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Roman Loyalist wrote:uniquely need increase resistans from -50 to -20 & this enought. I play in wesnoth 2,5 & understand something in balance.
I think a better idea would be to decrease dark adepts' movement by one.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
JW

Post by JW »

Sapient wrote:
Roman Loyalist wrote:uniquely need increase resistans from -50 to -20 & this enought. I play in wesnoth 2,5 & understand something in balance.
I think a better idea would be to decrease dark adepts' movement by one.
I think an even better way would to remove people's ignorance of how to play as Drakes. :wink:

I've played this matchup plenty of times, and I hardly ever have problems as Drakes. I actually have a section of this in the "How to Play..." series.
UngeheuerLich

Post by UngeheuerLich »

yes, reduce movespeed of adepts...

they are already less mobile than most drakes and saurials, and reducing their speed would make them more or less useless against any race...
Agent Jack Bauer

Post by Agent Jack Bauer »

JW wrote:
Sapient wrote: I think a better idea would be to decrease dark adepts' movement by one.
I think an even better way would to remove people's ignorance of how to play as Drakes. :wink:

I've played this matchup plenty of times, and I hardly ever have problems as Drakes. I actually have a section of this in the "How to Play..." series.
Right on, son.
JB: You don't have any more information, do you, Nina?
NM: Yes I do.
JB: No, you don't.

*BLAU!*
JW

Post by JW »

Agent Jack Bauer wrote:Right on, son.
Thank you, Mr. Bauer! I'm a big fan of your work! Please stop those other 2 nukes from detonating!
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

JW wrote:
Sapient wrote: I think a better idea would be to decrease dark adepts' movement by one.

Hey, I didn't say it was a "Good" idea, I just said it was a "Better" idea. Removing the quick trait from adepts might be a possibility, though I'm sure that wouldn't find much support considering the previous traits discussions here.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Cruk Chawbunkle

Post by Cruk Chawbunkle »

JW wrote: I think an even better way would to remove people's ignorance of how to play as Drakes. :wink:

I reckon it be mighty hard for ya'll city-slickers to play them there Drakes when ya'll's been drinkin my moonshine.

It just don't mix with Drakish strategeries.
Ya'll can't step to this.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

Although adepts do a deadly 19-2 at night against drakes, that's easily avoidable. Drake fighters/clashers can come back later to finish them up. And if your opponent spams adepts, fighters can take them out with ease: 27-30 damage if all hits, and it should only take two to take down an adept at day. Your 6 or 7 movement easily retreats from them. And considering drake fighters are only 1 gold more than adepts, they are quite cost-effective. Skeletons are mince-meat for burners, who deal well over 30 damage to them in day. (and still a modest 24 damage at night.) Archers should be avoided till last if possible. You have no real counter to them without taking decent damage back, so melee the heck out of them. Remember that an opponent without adepts has no or little chance to defeat you. So just kill them first and the rest should be cake.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
JW

Post by JW »

Sapient wrote:Hey, I didn't say it was a "Good" idea, I just said it was a "Better" idea. Removing the quick trait from adepts might be a possibility, though I'm sure that wouldn't find much support considering the previous traits discussions here.
I like fighting Quick Adepts though. They're easier to kill. Less hp.
IB

Post by IB »

I agree with Roman, Drakes vs Undead is unbalanced. Drakes are too powerful.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

you think that drake movement is too powerful against a slow race in general then, I suppose? in that respect, drakes should win more than not against loyalists as well? (sorry for being sarcastic) archers should take much damage before going down, and atleast to some damage to burners in retaliation. they are you cheap line-holders. with a few ghouls mixed in, maybe a skeleton for saurians, and adepts in back, you got a drake- killing force.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.