The Modern Multiplayer Map Reader's Digest

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: The Modern Multiplayer Map Reader's Digest

Post by Velensk »

I noticed while playing Ruins of Terra Dwelve that the map currently included in mainlined did not contain a few of the changes I made. I searched my computer and discovered that I could not find the updated version of the map so I've now recreated it as best as I can remember.
Attachments
4p_Ruins_of_Terra-Dwelve.map
(7.83 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: The Modern Multiplayer Map Reader's Digest

Post by Velensk »

This replay is an interesting mirror on Hornshark.

I don't think I played very well (my head was spinning the entire game, I'm a little ill) but somehow what I did worked. I can't put together exactly what I feel this demonstrates either about the side1 vs side 2 balance or about the nature of the blind bid here but the person responsible for this map may find this interesting.
Attachments
2p_—_Hornshark_Island_replay.gz
(18.15 KiB) Downloaded 1145 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."