Looking for map 3v3/2v2v2/4v4/3v3v3

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mysteriogo

Looking for map 3v3/2v2v2/4v4/3v3v3

Post by Mysteriogo »

Hi everyone !

With my friends we decide to play Wesnoth, we can't stop it :p Sometimes we are 6, other time we are 8.
We tried some maps available on the game, but we don't find the perfect map. We also tried to create a new one............... And that was totally horrible T_T
We are playing with Ageless Era that extend the possibility. We also love the vanilla mod, but i'm sure there is other types of games we should try.

Can you advise me some maps or map we have to try ? The must-have.
We like half symmetrical maps to avoid any disadvantages.
I thought about somethink like 100*72, 3 players on the left, and 3 on the right. With 3 "easy" town per player + some "strategic" town on the center.

Thank you (and also sorry for my Sh*t English :p)
The_Gnat

Re: Looking for map 3v3/2v2v2/4v4/3v3v3

Post by The_Gnat »

You could try the midland or middle earth add-ons. (unfortunately middle earth seems not to work so you have to go into My Games/wesnoth XX/data/add-ons/middle-earth/maps and copy the map out of the folder and paste it under my games/wesnoth XX/editor/maps)

Also i recommend the Altered Era/Ruleset add-on. It adds a larger random map generator which is very good but also can be played with normal factions.