2teeth's "Random" Mp Stuff (Maps, mods, etc.)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tommy2teeth

2teeth's "Random" Mp Stuff (Maps, mods, etc.)

Post by tommy2teeth »

I made a few smallish maps for six players with a 40 turn time limit in mind. During the game, the weather will change randomly every 3-4 turns up to 40 turns. I have no idea if this interests anyone but in case it does feel free to download them and stick it in your add-ons. I have one more scenario, in addition to these two, I have to finish up and I'll post later if anyone is interested.
Attachments
Global_Climate_Change.zip
Just put unzipped folder into your add-ons folder
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 400 times
Extreme_Weather_Events.zip
Just put unzipped folder into your add-ons folder
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 247 times
The_Gnat

Re: 2teeth's "Random" Mp Stuff (Maps, mods, etc.)

Post by The_Gnat »

This sounds interesting what sort of weather changes have you implemented? I once tried to create a scenario with huge flooding and season changes such as snow and dry season, and similar. But unfortunately it was not completed.
tommy2teeth

Post by tommy2teeth »

Wet, frozen, dry, normal, underground, calm, and mountainous. It happens randomly though, so you can go from dry to frozen after three turns. Sometimes a weather change can really change a planned attack and help out a defending or attacking team. I may be in the minority, but I like randomness affecting the game.

If you like random, I attached a mod that drastically changes the game by occasionally giving random traits (positive or negative) to a team randomly, awards gold or steals gold occasionally, gives full heals or sickness, monsters might show up randomly in the center of the map (if the coordinates are 40X40), and once in a while your leader might be abducted by aliens and beamed down to the center of the map. There might be some other events I am forgetting.
Attachments
Trials_and_TribulationsA.zip
Unzip and drag into your addon folder
(7.4 MiB) Downloaded 317 times
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

That sounds interesting, but personally I prefer not too much randomness. (Aside from weather)