spurious e-mail

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JMichael

spurious e-mail

Post by JMichael »

I got an e-mail telling me there had been a reply by careyzhang since my last visit to the topic "Scenario 4: Return to the Village" at "Battle for Wesnoth".

I posted to that topic on 11 June 2015. The only later post to that topic was on 17 August 2015. It was not by careyzhang. In fact, I see no post by careyzhang anywhere in that topic. I find no user by that name under "Members".

Also, the e-mail offers several links: one to view the newest post, one to view the entire topic, one to view the forum. The link that claims it will show me the newest post takes me to the topic, but leaves me on the first of three pages -- not where I expect the latest post to be.

I also got an e-mail for Scenario 2. Again, no new post, let alone by careyzhang.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: spurious e-mail

Post by Iris »

They were spam posts which were removed in the meantime before you checked the forums.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.