Idea: list subforums on main forum index

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GunChleoc
Translator

Idea: list subforums on main forum index

Post by GunChleoc »

At the moment, it is hard to see which subforums a forum has, e.g. the "Experimental Corner" is well hidden below "Ideas". I suggest setting phpBB to display those on the forum listing.

For an example on how it would look like, have a look at the phpBB community forums.
  • The setting is in Admin -> Forums.
  • Click on a forum's Settings icon, then set "List subforums in legend:" to "Yes".
  • Click on the subforumns' Settings icon, then set "List subforum in parent-forum’s legend:" to "Yes".
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Idea: list subforums on main forum index

Post by Iris »

Worth noting that I specifically chose the current display without the subforums for simplicity’s sake (not that my opinion is relevant anymore).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Idea: list subforums on main forum index

Post by WhiteWolf »

I'd also say it would make the front look more elaborate, which is a good thing. In my opinion it is better to see these sub-branches also in the front, perticularily for newcomers.
We are not talking about tens of subforums, so I don't see why it would flood the frontpage, it's just a new line containing 3-4 links at the maximum.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny