Unannounced Trunk Add-on Server Shutdown

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Unannounced Trunk Add-on Server Shutdown

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

As the title suggests, I am unable to upload my add-ons to the trunk server anymore. :annoyed:

To continue development of HoI, I upload the WIP scenarios in trunk and my play tester friend downloads it from there. He then plays it and gives me feedback using WhatsApp. He mostly plays and has little to no knowledge on installing add-ons manually.

Can that add-on server be made accessible from the client once more? Or, if the developers have had a logical reason for shutting it down so abruptly, can that reason be stated here for clarification?

[Moved from Users’ Forum ― shadowm]
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Unannounced Trunk Add-on Server Shutdown

Post by Pentarctagon »

Well, I can say that it isn't entirely down. I can still access and download add-ons from here. The site status page does list it as down, so there is apparently some sort of problem going on, though I don't think it being inaccessible is intentional.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

The testing instance should be back up now, loonycyborg just restarted it. Hopefully the bug that caused it to go comatose isn’t present in the current build.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

The testing instance should be back up now, loonycyborg just restarted it. Hopefully the bug that caused it to go comatose isn’t present in the current build.
It's accessible from the client again. Thank you all for the replies and immediate assistance.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium