War Of The Gods, its a good day to post here feedback.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ChaosRider

War Of The Gods, its a good day to post here feedback.

Post by ChaosRider »

On Wesnoth 1.10 you may find WOTG v2.5.1 (was quite long not updated), soon I should upload newest version 2.5.2, in last 3 days I checked & changed 5/6 of all units (they will be less op) in WOTG which is quite a lot. As for now you had here:
- Era with 2 lvl leaders and all 6 available factions (in each was a lot units)
- Eras with leaders from 2 to 5 lvl where units where were randomly picked & added to your recruit list
- Era of max lvls - here are units with max lvls but without recruit lists
- Rpg era - 0 & 1 lvls, no recruit list.

Im also testing events from other eras (like rune aura (activate/desactivate) I saw that in other addon problem with desactivating was fixed with auto changing unit to 1st form at each new turn but I found my own way).

Expected improvements:
Spoiler:
Moving my addons like WOTG, Random Colosseum (all forms), MWC to Wesnoth 1.12 - I prefer to upload it once I will have them ended, updating it twice at 2 diffrent Wesnoth versions might be annoying a little.

I wasn't updating it because I had to improve Random Colosseum & MWC.

As about feedback (I know there are players who likes WOTG & are using it - I had messages to upload it back at Wesnoth server from other players, once admins killed it because I was fighting with bad behavior of leavers...) it would be good if you could wait for new version out.

As for now that's all from my side.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
ChaosRider

Re: War Of The Gods, its a good day to post here feedback.

Post by ChaosRider »

I uploaded WOTG v2.5.2 at Wesnoth 1.10 server.

Not everything was added (before uploading new version) what I planned because I have other stuff to do.
Spoiler:
With updating WOTG I updated also Colosseum Edit, Colosseum Edit Harder, Survivors Area which are using WOTG units (yes, that mean you need there WOTG to play it).

Colosseum Edit & Colosseum Edit Harder have updated shop to newest Random Colosseum versions.

If you have any feedback to WOTG now you can post it below.
So enjoy & have fun!
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
pe_em

Post by pe_em »

Glad to see it :D I'll play it and send feedback ;).
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

There is v2.5.3 but for everyone who still have oos when you set to allow units classes best way will be to delete WOTG and download it again, because updating could not update whole addon... its not first time when I noticed this type of problems... In my opinion installing from zero is less buggy than updating old version.

Edit: v2.5.4 is now available, small changes, some new units and other things... About units classes if you allow it for players to choose it by own remember that you have to pick unit class for each new unit before turn end or this new unit will get unit class automatically.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

At Wesnoth 1.10 WOTG and other my addons are playable so next versions will be out only at 1.12. I wouldn't expect it before next week since I have studies in 18.04-19.04.

Edit:
Well I was faster than I thought... But its now available at Wesnoth 1.12 server so have fun!
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Awesome era! I just found two bugs so far: the Burn Foes ability also burn units of the same side ( red team unit burning another red team unit for example ) and some units change alingnement when evolving and are not suposed to ( like the fire wisp ), if i'm not clear let me know. Continue your good work!
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Hi GodlyDragon, good to know that you like it, thx for report.

About this 2 things (burn foes ability and changing elementals alignment for chaotic) I knew earlier and they should be fixed in v2.5.6, as for now known bugs for me are:

- feeding for units who are immune on poison (mechanical, elementals, undeads) may not works allways (not allways is added hp to unit after killing living unit) at Random Colosseum WOTG, Colosseum Edit, Colosseum Edit Harder - in code its like first filter which should works only on dying unit was filtering also second unit (I will have to take a look on this one day)...

- stun require some changes from 1.10, "Invalid WML found: [object]duration=level is deprecated. Use duration=scenario instead." - this should be fixed in v2.5.7, today I uploaded v2.5.6 (and I didnt knew about stun when I was uploading v2.5.6)

- maybe its not bug but still require to be changed (allways forget about it) that abbadon/obliterator/punisher/omen (4/3/2/1 lvl) has 90% defense at frozen (author of era from which I took it set it so high). I will change it for 40% before next update.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

WOTG v2.5.7 is available at server, stun fixed, 90% frozen defenses changed for lower value, and next new units added (available only in this era). +2700 units here.
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Here is 3 other bugs you need to fix:

Attack special Cleave and Pierce also hurt allies and same side units

Baby Cyclops, Young Cyclops, Cyclops, Cyclops Breaker and Cyclops Giant Breaker's attack power is set to 0 after killing an enemy, I think the Growing Fury attack special have someting to do with that.

The 'Turn alignement to chaotic' bug is back but its not just to elementals this time, almost all units are susceptible to have this bug

Have a good day ^_^
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

GodlyDragon wrote:Attack special Cleave and Pierce also hurt allies and same side units
It's not bug, this is how it works, and how it was implemented in code. Ofcourse its possible to change it.
GodlyDragon wrote:Baby Cyclops, Young Cyclops, Cyclops, Cyclops Breaker and Cyclops Giant Breaker's attack power is set to 0 after killing an enemy, I think the Growing Fury attack special have someting to do with that.
With this I knew a bit earlier, but I hadn't this situation in WOTG. I had it in MWC when I added Cyclops there (I think its happens when your unit is defending and it kills enemy while own defense). I have fixed events for it, It will be fixed in v2.5.8.
GodlyDragon wrote:The 'Turn alignement to chaotic' bug is back but its not just to elementals this time, almost all units are susceptible to have this bug
This changing units alignment for chaotic after advancing I found that it happens mostly for one with monsters race(I hadn't such a situation for other races). Elementals are here monsters with elemental trait which makes them immune as undeads (poison, drain, plague). In MWC I fixed them by not using Wesnoth mainline race monsters, maybe I will have to change it here too monster race for other one (like monsters_wotg) just to have diffrent id.

Thx for report.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Please avoid needlessly using Ageless Era prefix AE_ in your era.

Specific files:

Code: Select all

abilities.cfg
vector_abilities.cfg
changed_Desert_Prowler.cfg
changed_Desert_Sentinel.cfg
changed_South-Seas_Salvager.cfg
changed_South-Seas_Shoreman.cfg
changed_South-Seas_Wrecker.cfg
changed_Khthon_Adamantine.cfg
changed_Khthon_Bellikakotaurus.cfg
changed_Khthon_Duck-Giant.cfg
changed_Khthon_Duck-Great.cfg
changed_Khthon_Duck.cfg
changed_Khthon_Echidna-Low.cfg
changed_Khthon_Echidna-Mid.cfg
changed_Khthon_Echidna.cfg
changed_Khthon_Horse.cfg
changed_Khthon_Hypergusa.cfg
changed_Khthon_Ipoten.cfg
changed_Khthon_Katoblepon-Magnum.cfg
changed_Khthon_Katoblepon.cfg
changed_Khthon_Ker-Kato.cfg
changed_Khthon_Khalkotaurus.cfg
changed_Khthon_Nightmare.cfg
changed_Khthon_Noble.cfg
changed_Khthon_Ophis-Magnum.cfg
changed_Khthon_Ophis.cfg
changed_Khthon_Orthrus.cfg
changed_Khthon_Pegusa.cfg
changed_Khthon_Prokyon.cfg
changed_Khthon_Pyradalon.cfg
changed_Khthon_Ram.cfg
changed_Khthon_Rock.cfg
changed_Khthon_Royal.cfg
changed_Khthon_Skylliaron.cfg
changed_Khthon_Snapper.cfg
changed_Khthon_Stymphallian.cfg
changed_Khthon_Stympheon.cfg
changed_Khthon_Taraxippon.cfg
changed_Khthon_Terrapin.cfg
changed_Khthon_Timber_Wolf.cfg
changed_Khthon_Toad-Flying.cfg
changed_Khthon_Toad-Giant.cfg
changed_Khthon_Toad.cfg
changed_Khthon_Yak.cfg
changed_Phantom_Tomb_Archer.cfg
changed_Phantom_Tomb_Feather.cfg
changed_Phantom_Tomb_HighArcher.cfg
changed_Phantom_Tomb_HighMaster.cfg
changed_Phantom_Tomb_Huntress.cfg
changed_Phantom_Tomb_LegendaryArcher.cfg
changed_Phantom_Tomb_Master.cfg
changed_Phantom_Tomb_Stalker.cfg
changed_Phantom_Tomb_Wing.cfg
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

AE_ which you are talking about is in some abilities names as archaic vector. Ofcourse if its such a problem for you I can change it. But next WOTG version I plan to upload when I reach 3k units and once I done another eras (normal, heroes, legends) with more factions which will have less recruits - this will take some time.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Yes, there is not that much hurry. I believe for macros it only gets difficult once the macros content starts to differ.

Some other person uploaded addon that uses same unit type ids as ageless, only there I asked for immediate action.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

I have now much less time for Wesnoth and any updates but I uploaded next version. I added another dot to version number, so from my side its like 1/10 (or even less) of job which I planned to do. Still not reached 3k units. I added what you was asking, there shouldn't be any macros with AE any longer in WOTG addon.
Digitidogg

Post by Digitidogg »

why were kits with a rail cannon removed? also what era was there unit line from I REALLY liked playing them. :P