Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.16

Post by IPS »

I'm at time to do a Mercs balance hotfix? I really found some units that I don't like its current balance.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Yes, I have been lazy, but I will try to implement stuff in this year still.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Intended to be just a simple hotfix, ended being the most complete work I've done at the moment.

Could have done more, but didn't want to over-extend because that would mean more effort to others make my changes as something already done. It's a notable work.

Factions modificated:
Avians, Cultists, Equestrians, Highlanders, Imperial guard and the Holy order.

Being the cultist one a notable job.
Attachments
Mercs hotfix.txt
Changes to some mercenaries factions.
Lore for most of The cult units (even with spanish version of the lore!).
(48.25 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Heh, with all this, changelog is so large that loading it takes noticeable time.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Gyra_Solune wrote:Played a bit with the EoC Chaos Empire! Random observations.

-I noted not too long ago you moved the Shaxthals over to the Dark Legion. I do quite agree that they had a few too many units (and the Shaxthals are questionable in their balance), but it had the effect of giving the EoC Chaos no water-capable unit! Not sure if this is on purpose or not. It does seem to me like Chaos is meant to be a bit less mobile than the obvious Loyalists of compare? But hm.

-I'm not sure the Bowman even needs to be there. I don't know why but I kind of feel like two units in a faction that do basically the same thing but one is just better if more expensive isn't the best thing? The Gunner basically does everything the Bowman does but simply better at all levels (aside from how the Bowman's alt promotion gives it poison, which is sort of overkill on a rather high-damage faction). And the Gunner looks a lot cooler while the Bowman is just the older Legion one!

-Speaking of which I'm not totally sure what the deal is with all the different versions of the Chaos/Dark Legion? EE has one that shares most of the same units with a few differences, and then there's the WoL one that strikes me as mostly what eventually became the Chaos Empire. (Not sure as well about the general 'existing default faction but modified' type of things in there, since a lot of them are just the main faction but with some more units...particularly a tendency to just give both the Loyalists and Rebels every merfolk unit, which kind of means absolute naval dominance).

-I think EoC also recently updated with a new, slightly nicer look to the Headhunter line, especially giving the Soulhunter a mask and in general artistic improvements, so that could be an update.

-Given the Chaos Cavalier and Cataphract (should probably be Chaos Cataphract by the by, since just Cataphract is usually a name assigned to the Eastern Invasion heavy cavalry) have a spear in their imagery, shouldn't their main attack be pierce instead of blade? Also since their name implies that they're heavy cavalry, it's weird that they get the +1MP while the Pillager stays slow even though it's lighter-armed and not as powerful.
I agree about Chaos Bowman. I will unlist it from factions, to be removed later.

Thanks for mentioning, I found https://github.com/windfolk/Era_of_Chao ... fdfd4e5ac4

I agree, that image would expect pierce, but that faction might intentionally have less pierce. Will not change today.
Agreed about movement, changed.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Gyra_Solune wrote:Probably a bigger thing I ought to have mentioned first! And that is that in most cases leader choices shouldn't be any units that have more than 6 MP, or more than 1MP cost on land. Judging by the Units site the errant ones are the two Desert Elves horsemen, Steelhive Scout and Vector, Despair's Black Shadow, Khthon's Noble Beast, EE Chaos's Hell Crab, the Monsters' Water Serpent and Great Wolf, Windsong's Pathfinder, Chaos Empire's Marauder, Brungar's Dwarvish Huntsman, Nordhris' Dire Reaver and Frostdasher, Welkin's Talon Warrior, Whirlwind, Midnight Stalker, and Quickdraw, Arendians' Bowknight, Chief, and Mounted Warrior, Cavernei's Observer, Marauders' Raider, and Sidhe's Tracker.
Removed some of these from leader lists.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I believe this is all I expected to be done with this version. Now I still need to put together common changelog message.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.17

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.17 is out on the 1.12 add-on server

Code: Select all

Version 4.17:
* Units and Factions
    * Level 3 Gryphon for Monsters, Swamp Pathfinder for Wood Warriors
    * Deprecated EoC Chaos bowman line
* Graphics
    * Some new EoC images
* Balance
    * Oracles, Yokai, Tribalists, Blight, Anakes, Avians, Holy Order, Despair, Quenoth, Cultists, Equestrians, ME Highlanders, Emperors Guard
* Bug Fixes
    * Shadowsword arcane resistance
* Other
    * Removed some too fast units from leader lists
General notes
Wargs: Wolf Cup -1 cost
Therian Falcon, Gryfalcon, Peregrine Falcon: -1 movement
Shifting animation for Therian cats, starting with level 2
There is one for the lvl 1 too, but disabled. To enable, see units/EoM_units/therians/b1_Cat.cfg
The same goes for the Therian Falcon.
Celestial use their own names (from the campaign 'A song of Fire')
Vampires are now undrainable (except the Blood Hulk)
minor fixes and refactorings
Avians Dart line to 60% castle
Goblin kamikaze damage to 20-1
slaver serf pitchfork attack name has _
amla_commander_armor improving wrong resistance types
must be pierce https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... rd.cfg#L26
add level 3 gryphon to monsters
Unlist EoC Chaos bowman line to be removed later
Some new EoC Chaos images
Change EoC Chaos Cavalier and Cataphract to 8 movement
Remove too fast units from leaders lists
visual bug: Arendian Shaman's sprite changes to Arendian Warlock's one when attacking
blob and amoeba images are switched
split era_events to different files
cold matriarch frozen def to 50
hive drone line still with -50%
ram-katobleon higher xp
make undead dragons keep level 3 weaknesses
units/BEEM_units/wood_warriors/Swamp_Pathfinder.cfg xp
lower sidhe warrior spirit damage
chaos bowman description overeager replace all
EE undead leader Necrophage->Ghast
Also implemented changes from viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25274&start=1635#p603406 and viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25274&start=1650#p606616 attachments.
How you can help
Leave feedback

Write descriptions to units in unmaintained suberas, mostly this is needed for Mercenaries Era units

Suggest interesting and complete factions for inclusion
IPS

Post by IPS »

Wood Warriors - Swamp explorer
Explanation: unit with no defenses and weird reistances report.

Later I will show you the replay of the game I'm playing.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Heh. I added the new advancement to movetype line.

Committed.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, after playing the ageless era some i was wondering if you are modifying the factions or if you have merely combined other peoples add-ons?

Thank you
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Modifying where called to balance. Current status is that EoM is merely combined, as Shiki takes care of it directly.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Ravana wrote:Modifying where called to balance. Current status is that EoM is merely combined, as Shiki takes care of it directly.
Thank you for responding, the reason i am asking is because i noticed the Naga depth prowler and depth stalker have old style Naga sprites and i am wondering if this is something you change or if you take era's as they are?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

If there are suitable images I can certainly change, but drawing isnt something I am comfortable doing.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Ravana wrote:If there are suitable images I can certainly change, but drawing isnt something I am comfortable doing.
Is this suitable?
stalker.png
stalker.png (3.37 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
(for depthprowler)
ninja.png
ninja.png (3.64 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
(for depthstalker)