Gold carryover message

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Szturmowiec

Gold carryover message

Post by Szturmowiec »

Hello everyone,

I'm just curious how to disable the gold carryover message in my campaign. I've got rid of this mechanic entirely so I don't want it to show after each battle.
That was the hell of a firefight. And the ammunition depleted so fast... I'm pinned down by those damned machine guns and don't know what to do next.
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Gold carryover message

Post by gfgtdf »

unfortunetely i don't think this is possible but i agree that it should. If you filea bugreport on your tracker we might make it possible in wesnoth 1.14
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

You can disable it for individual scenarios with [endlevel] carryover_report=no.
Szturmowiec

Post by Szturmowiec »

Thanks, it works, but as gfgtdf has mentioned, there should be a simple command to disable this mechanic, because now I have to hide the report and also set carryover to such values that I can be 100% sure that the player will start the next scenario with the amount of gold I want him to.
That was the hell of a firefight. And the ammunition depleted so fast... I'm pinned down by those damned machine guns and don't know what to do next.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

If you're making a campaign then that is a very simple way to disable the carryover mechanic.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hmm i'm not sure whether carryover_report=no will really remove the carryover information from the victory dialog or just remove the victory dialog alltogether.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Szturmowiec

Post by Szturmowiec »

zookeeper wrote:If you're making a campaign then that is a very simple way to disable the carryover mechanic.
Well, I by simple I meant "more straightforward" thus more comfortable to use.
gfgtdf wrote:mm i'm not sure whether carryover_report=no will really remove the carryover information from the victory dialog or just remove the victory dialog alltogether.
It removes the victory dialog alltogether, but I can live with that, it is obvious enough for the player that she/he won, because she/he has met the victory conditions.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Code: Select all

# some util.cfg
#define VICTORY_NOREPORT
[endlevel]
    result = victory
    carryover_report = no
    # linger_mode = no ? if you want this disabled as well
[/endlevel]
#enddef

In every scenario, just use
[event]
    {VICTORY_NOREPORT}
[/event]
I guess this makes it straightforward enough :)
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Szturmowiec

Post by Szturmowiec »

Thanks, but I know how this works, the only problem was with carryover_report