Dronal-D Art Dump

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Dronal-d

Re: Dronal-D Art Dump

Post by Dronal-d »

This edit makes me - almost - happy. Now my eyes aren't so drawn to that shield error.

And did a little tweak to the stalactites in the cave-climber picture.
Spoiler:
The Failing Line UMC
Dronal-d

Post by Dronal-d »

ForestDragon wrote:man,... your art is AMAZING!!! ^_^
Wow thanks!
Midnight_Carnival wrote:My favorites are the female Peasant and the Spymaster.
A tip with your portraits:
don't frankenstein them. There are a lot of things people could point out regarding the technical side of your portraits and I will leave that to them but it is my feeling that however much you could improve your technical ability (already far beyond my own!), you are evolving your own style. For your UMC this is a great thing and I think that your portraits look really good. The problem comes in when you mix your own style with mainline style.
I love frankenportraits but in your case I'd suggest you practice drawing more portraits.
If I had the time to work on my UMCs instead of all those other things I'm too busy with, I'd definately consider trying to persuade, coerce or blackmail you into doing the portraits for me.
I appreciate that.
However, I disagree that my own portraits are better than frankenportraits, because, like you say, mixing my own portraits and mainline creates stylistic issues. Good frankenportraits doesn't leave the audience between two different styles.

But if you like that, I'd happily do a few portraits for you (or whoever asks first), at least the pen and ink, if not the colour.

Likewise, if anyone has any ideas for a few story art pieces, then please let me know. I have 5 days with this computer. I could churn out one or two.
Preference given to story art that matches mainline campaigns or generic use.
The Failing Line UMC
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

There's lots of great stuff here! :D If it's alright, I'm going to use your female peasant.
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

The portrait and scene paintings you draw are different from the average style of Wesnoth, but they have much more powerful touch.
Franken Portrait makes it easy to make works, but no matter how beautifully you make it can not exceed the original.
You should refine your style. It is still rough and not mature, but it is a very nice picture. If there are other paintings drawn, I would like to see it.
Also, female peasant's sprite is also great. I also thought of using it as an add-on.
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"