Legend of Wesmere - Human Alliance (Hard)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

taptap

Re: Legend of Wesmere - Human Alliance (Hard)

Post by taptap »

beetlenaut wrote:Three dwarf lords, two druids, and every other castle hex and nearby village filled with dwarvish guardsmen. Sixteen units. You had two lords, one guardsman and a shyde. At one point, goblin knights could have attacked the shyde and didn't, and for several turns a dwarf lord could have been attacked by four units including crossbowmen and slayers at night. The leader could have been poisoned too, but none of that happened.
To be fair, I sent reinforcements later. :whistle: But yes, I was wondering myself. I just took the win and was happy not to worry about this scenario again. I would change this scenario to give a tough but manageable base income to the enemy but not these over-the-top reinforcements.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Talimi

Post by Talimi »

I have finally succeded in Version 1.10.6 in this Scenario.

My Solution:

level as many level 3 units as possible (swordmen and archers), you will get all of them when the reinforcement arrives.
- do not level sylphs, except one or two. They are useful to rush the enemy leaders later when you arrive the north elves.
- swordsmen and archers are more EP efficient than sylphs
- in "Elves' Last Stand" run with all your and your allies to Grubr (south east) first. Let your ally flee south after he has reruited.
After you have defeated Grubr go west. The Trolls are too slow to follow you in wood. It should be possible without losing veterans.

when you get dwarves. Level as much dwarve lords as possible. I managed to level 12 dwarve lords.
-when you fight together with the dwarves in "Acquaintance in Need" , support their units, you will get them later
-in "Bounty Hunters" do not flee from the saurians but level your dwarves (do not forget to send your leader north in time)

and then the grand final:
the Human Alliance
- defeat the Troll first to hold your back free
- send all your dwarve lords and a few healer to the castle of the ally
- when the reinforcement arrives, clear the orc wave in north-west
and afterward send them to help the dwarves. They are weak compared
to the dwarves but better than nothing.
- at the end do not kill the offenders of the castle completely,
but leave them a few hitpoints.

It was a massacre but the dwarves managed to defend the castle. If one sylph and one marshal survive it should be enough. The following games are easy.
Attachments
DLVW-Allianz_mit_den_Mens..._Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
Human Alliance recorded
(143.85 KiB) Downloaded 1717 times
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

I managed to beat the scenario when I made accent on advancing of a sufficient number of woses to levels 2 and 3. I recalled and sent them to deal with the trolls in the woods then focused on defending the northern and southern flanks with elves and dwarves, respectively. Everything was much easier then before, I suffered some losses but was able to save all loyal units.
Attachments
LoW-Human_Alliance_replay.gz
(143.35 KiB) Downloaded 374 times