A Song of Fire Walkthrough - Complete!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Inky
Forum Moderator

A Song of Fire Walkthrough - Complete!

Post by Inky »

Hey everyone, I finished writing a walkthrough for revansurik's amazing and epic campaign, A Song of Fire!

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/A_Song_of_Fire_Walkthrough

If you read/use it I'd love to hear opinions such as which scenario entries need work, or how I could improve the unit overview section. (Also I think my unit assessments may be too opinionated - there were some units I never used so I just wrote that they were useless :P)

Of course anyone is welcome to edit the page as well. (I might re-edit it to help with readability though - I mainly don't want the entries to get too long since it's already really long as is!)
taptap

Re: A Song of Fire Walkthrough - Complete!

Post by taptap »

Not that the wiki is very alive, but leaving your walkthroughs completely unlinked to limits exposure. The Guide to UMC is not really active right now, but it seems like one obvious place to me. I haven't played song of fire, but enjoyed your other walkthroughs and lp's.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Thanks for the suggestion, I added the links to the campaign entries on the Guide to UMC content page. It seems that people don't really use the wiki though (at least, regular users hardly ever edit it), that's why I decided to advertise in the forums instead :)
taptap wrote:I haven't played song of fire, but enjoyed your other walkthroughs and lp's.
Thanks! I'm planning to write some more UMC walkthroughs on the wiki, not sure which campaigns yet, though I'm hoping to eventually write one for AtS.
Hektor

Post by Hektor »

Inkey wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, I added the links to the campaign entries on the Guide to UMC content page. It seems that https://www.agilebuddy.com/my-organifi- ... ice-review the Organifi green juice people don't really use the wiki though (at least, regular users hardly ever edit it), that's why I decided to advertise in the forums instead :)
taptap wrote:I haven't played song of fire, but enjoyed your other walkthroughs and lp's.
Thanks! I'm planning to write some more UMC walkthroughs on the wiki, not sure which campaigns yet, though I'm hoping to eventually write one for AtS.
Hey, thanks for the walkthrough Inky.
Last edited by Hektor on April 10th, 2017, 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Many thanks, Inky, for the walkthroughs! Keep them coming, they are very much appreciated! :)
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
HenryY2020

Post by HenryY2020 »

Thanks for the walkthrough! By the way, are there any plans to update it for 1.14?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

HenryY2020 wrote: February 4th, 2020, 7:34 am Thanks for the walkthrough! By the way, are there any plans to update it for 1.14?
If you mean the campaign:
It's already on 1.14.

If you mean the walkthrough:
It's mostly valid for 1.14 as well, so even if it won't be updated, you can still use it.