Some of my (back)story ideas

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zap-Zarap

Re: Some of my (back)story ideas

Post by Zap-Zarap »

Hmm... maybe one day, if i find the time to do so, i'll create a survival mod based on Fallenstar Lake, where The player/s have a big castle/keep in the center (no lake yet) and they can recruit as much as possible, then at turn 2-3 The Great Falling occurs, destroys the city, the lake appears, and they must fight incoming AI without any further recruiting ...
I like beavers.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

That would be very interesting! :D
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

I have another question about Under the Burning Suns. In the future world of Iydra where there are two suns, has the entire land been scorched and is it all desert (or are there other countries that still have normal forest and grass)? (most of the land that is seen in the campaign UtBS is desert - is this because of the two suns making Iydra much hotter?
Assuming Irdya is similarly structured as our planet Earth, devastating climate changes would have been caused by each additional sun.
Average temperatures across the world would have arisen considerably following the launch of the second sun, whereas the launch of an third would have probably turned the landscape into an scorching hell should it had been succesfull(sounds like an nefarious plan of an infernal entity?). However it failed so only the damage inflicted by the second sun remained continously in effect, essentially turning temperate landscapes to hot arid lands and frozen reaches into temperate climate as the ices melt away.
So its possible that there remaint greener lands and steppes up high north, an subject Umc like IftU touches.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

@Eagle_11 - Thank you! That would then mean there could also be 'normal' elves somewhere in irdya still.
Eagle_11

Re: Some more post-fall geography brainstorming

Post by Eagle_11 »

The great lintanir forest may very well found to be still standing, if chaos empire did not decide to pay a visit and burn it all down.
It may have shrunk in size to it's south but may extended itself northwards in turn.

One thing i havent got is shouldnt the sea levels have arisen ?
As post-fall maps seemingly have the same shoreline from before the event, however that can be explained by the maps themselves being ancient.

The Lake Vrug and Arkanthoria should have increased in size rather than shrinking, causing the grand river which gets fed by all to swell into Nile like proportions, extending its delta by an great deal.
The rivers further south seen in SG may have probably dried out by the climate change, unless sufficient amount of humidity and whatelsenot caused the forests in the area to turn into jungles, causing those rivers to have drought-flood periods.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Yes it would be very interesting to have a campaign that tells of life in the new irdya by the expanded river delta, do you know of any campaigns which tell of the life of others during the time of UtBS?
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

None that falls on my head currently.