Map editor crash

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
stoupa108

Map editor crash

Post by stoupa108 »

Hello everyone. I need your help! I want to create my own map. But when I save it in Editor, game just turn off. :(
Do you know how to fix it? I am using version 1.11.16.
Dugi

Re: Map editor crash

Post by Dugi »

You need to be specific, nobody's gonna help you with so few information provided.

What OS are you using? Is there something unusual on the map? Does it happen with any map (for example the default one), or just with the ones with the features you're using?
stoupa108

Post by stoupa108 »

I am using Win 8. Nothing special. I just save empty map (filled grass) and game just quit. In versions before (1.11.15) happened to me too.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It just quits or shows a window like 'This program crashed. Looking for solutions online...' or 'Runtime error 3.14 blablabla'?
Does it exit before or after showing the dialog asking where do you want to save it? Does the folder it is supposed to save into have the right access permissions?

Anyway, now the problem is described much better, let's hope that somebody else will read this and catch on, because I have no idea what the hell's going on on your PC.
stoupa108

Post by stoupa108 »

It quits without any window or error. Just turn off. I click to the Save icon and after few seconds game quits.
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

stoupa108: Can you find a stderr.txt file? On windows, Wesnoth should generate one of those when it has a problem, and it should contain error messages to help us figure out what's going on.