Sync with Dropbox

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Cetrillo

Sync with Dropbox

Post by Cetrillo »

Hi,

on my Windows 7 PC I use a program called "Dropbox Folder Sync" to link the "Wesnoth1.10" folder (where savegames etc. are) to my Dropbox and have it synced. It works well to transfer Preferences and savegames between my PCs except for the fact that the resolution given in the preferences file is synced as well. Since both PCs have a different resolution this is a problem and I wondered if anyone has an idea how to solve this?

I saw that the program can be started with parameters and was hoping there might be one parameter to define the resolution. Unfortunately, I couldn't find such a parameter in the documentation.

Thank you very much!
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Sync with Dropbox

Post by Iris »

Cetrillo wrote:I saw that the program can be started with parameters and was hoping there might be one parameter to define the resolution. Unfortunately, I couldn't find such a parameter in the documentation.
--resolution/-r <WIDTH>x<HEIGHT>, --fullscreen/-f and --windowed/-w are the options you are looking for. They actually are listed in the documentation provided as part of the --help switch’s output, though — not sure if that’s where you were looked. (It’s worth noting that --help’s output goes to stderr.txt on Windows because one of our dependencies, SDL, forcefully redirects console output to files in the executable’s dir for practical reasons.)

Example 1: Fullscreen 1920x1080

Code: Select all

wesnoth.exe -r 1920x1080 -f
Example 2: Windowed 1280x800

Code: Select all

wesnoth.exe -r 1280x800 -w
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Cetrillo

Re: Sync with Dropbox

Post by Cetrillo »

Thanks a lot, it works!

I didn't know how to use the help command but found a list online. Now that I double-checked it I also saw the resolution command :doh: However, it's good to know where the --help output goes on Windows! Thanks!