Mac Problem

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
SomeRandomGuy

Mac Problem

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Hi, I have a mac and can't run Battle for Wesnoth. It starts but when I get to the menu screen I can't click anything, I have the swirling rainbow orb and I'm forced to restart my computer. Please help!
Raijer

Re: Mac Problem

Post by Raijer »

Just saying this doesn't actually give any information on what's your problem...
You need to give more details, like which version of Wesnoth you're using, which version of Mac OS you have, is your Mac a PowerPC or an Intel one...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
SomeRandomGuy

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

:doh: It was extreme lag. Sorry I wasted your time.
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

No worries, we are happy to help if you give us enough information so that we can help. As for the lag, there is a problem with Macs and color cursors sometimes causing huge lags. You did not say which version you are using. Since Wesnoth 1.11.8, color cursors have been disabled entirely on Macs, but if you are using an earlier version, you might be able to improve performance by going into the preferences and unchecking color cursors.
SomeRandomGuy

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

I can't actually find color cursors anywhere. Please help.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

You can’t find the option because, as mattsc said above, it’s forcefully disabled on OS X builds since version 1.11.8. Even if the option was previously enabled, it would not have an effect anymore.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

SomeRandomGuy wrote::doh: It was extreme lag. Sorry I wasted your time.
There is a known issue with the display resolution where it could appear like mouse lag, if the resolution in the game is larger than what can fit in the screen. It can be quickly resolved by resizing the window (either click the zoom button in the top left of the window’s title bar, or just resize using the grow box in the bottom right corner) so give that a shot if you are still running into the same issue. (Alternatively, you can try full-screen as well.)
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer