Map Editor Weirdness

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Shield

Map Editor Weirdness

Post by Shield »

I'm not sure if these are "bugs," but they are problems that need addressing. (this topic can be moved if i posted in the wrong thread)

I use Wesnoth 1.12.4, and use a Windows 10 OS, and I've been seeing some strange things happen in my map editor.

(forgive the uncropped screenshots...)
see that red text?
see that red text?
I'm hovering over the "ford" terrain, which has pretty much always been mainline, and am getting a "non-core, you will need extra support" message. I am not sure if this is a false alarm, or if something has actually changed. You will also notice the sand's transitioning failure. What's up with that? I think it may somehow be caused by an addon; we have wesnoth on my dad's computer, and when he had all the addons on it deleted, this went away. NOTE: this does not seem to appear to affect how "beach sand" appears ingame, but it is extremely distracting. I'd point out which addon it was, but he deleted them all at once, so I don't know (this screenshot is taken from a separate computer, and I don't want to delete all my addons one-by-one to find out which is the problem).
something's off about that village
something's off about that village
This is also clearly caused by an addon. It kind of resembles one of the villages from an installment of the "War of the Jewel" (I think) series. How it straight-up replaced the ordinary drake village is beyond me.

On the note of UMC terrains infiltrating core, I thought it'd be worth mentioning that, last I checked, "SXRPG ADDON" seriously messes with the editor. It fills the core sections (especially flat) with its own terrains, and replaces others, such as ice. This can be solved by uninstalling it, but it's still a bewildering problem, and upsetting for those who want to play SXRPG and use the editor.

Has anyone else encountered these problems? Please reply if you've experienced this or something resembling it, or if you have any solutions.
Thank you for your time!
Creator of Lonely Era.
Here's my art!
I'm also on Tumblr.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Map Editor Weirdness

Post by Ravana »

As removing all addons provides fix, quick way to locate problematic addon would be having another folder in addons, and moving some addons there. If editor behaviour changes, then one of the last set caused that change. So you can quickly filter out some addons that do not affect editor. (binary search idea)
Shield

Post by Shield »

Alright, I wish my map editor didn't take so long to load, but I guess that "move some of them into a separate folder then go check" method will have to do.

It looks like the campaign "Rise of the Elementalist" is the cause of the ford and sand problems... and that's terrible. I really like that campaign, and it's one of the very few I've made any headway in without cheating. (sigh) I hope the author fixes that little bug...

The drake village problem appears to be due to "War of the Jewel." Again, I hope this problem is dealt with.

I haven't gotten around to getting the hang of TerrainWML yet, so I can't tell what caused the problems with these two, or that by SXRPG. Oh well. Thanks for the tip, Ravana!
Creator of Lonely Era.
Here's my art!
I'm also on Tumblr.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Shield wrote: Again, I hope this problem is dealt with.
Have you said anything to the add-on author?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Shield

Post by Shield »

doofus-01 wrote:
Shield wrote: Again, I hope this problem is dealt with.
Have you said anything to the add-on author?
No, but I really should! Thanks for the reminder.
Creator of Lonely Era.
Here's my art!
I'm also on Tumblr.