Problem with Zone of Control

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Halbling

Problem with Zone of Control

Post by Halbling »

I'm no quite sure, but I think this topic is bestfitting for my problem:

The ZoC has gone! Ok, not the ZoC itselfe, but the images, so there are no colerd circles anymore. Shutting down the game and the PC and starting everything new didn't help.
I was working on an campaign on my own when I first noticed it. And this happend not only to my campaign but to all, even when I start an new one from the very beginning.
Would be great, if someone could help me!

By the way: I got version 1.10.7
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Problem with Zone of Control

Post by Pentarctagon »

Well, for starters I would suggest getting 1.12.6.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Halbling

Post by Halbling »

What do you mean with 'starter'? I am playing for two and a half year now and programming almost as long!

If my problem can't be solved, I will of cours try to reinstall the game with the newest version. But by now I would be glad to solve it!
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Maybe you've accidentally toggled the circles off in Preferences->Display->Show team colors.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Halbling wrote:What do you mean with 'starter'? I am playing for two and a half year now and programming almost as long!

If my problem can't be solved, I will of cours try to reinstall the game with the newest version. But by now I would be glad to solve it!
I mean, if you are intending to distribute your campaign, the 1.10 releases are no longer supported, and haven't been for some time. If you want to potentially have more people download and play your campaign, you should be on 1.12. Also, 1.10.7 is affected by a security vulnerability.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I did that once accidentally as well, and could not figure it out for a while. I finally went through holding "ctrl" and hitting every key :lol: :P the shortcut key is "ctrl" + "e"

Note: i am using version 1.13.7 so it may be a different for 1.10

Also Pentarctagon is (of course) correct 1.10.7 is quite old now, and newer versions are slightly differently coded. It is easily enough to write campaigns in 1.12 if you have previously been using 1.10 but if you write a campaign in 1.10 it will not be compatible with 1.12 and then you will limit your target audience significantly. (also i was using 1.10 only a year ago :mrgreen: 1.12 is a huge improvement)
Halbling

Post by Halbling »

"ctrl" + "e" did work! Thank you!
It's quite funny, you can switch them on and off easily ;)

So the longer I use 1.10 the more I will have to rewrite if I finally change to 1.12? And if 1.14 is out, I have to rewrite things again?
But ok, maybe I get the new version sooner as thought!
Thanks!!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Glad it worked for you! :D

As for rewriting i only had to make minor syntax changes to my add-on in order to change it from 1.10 to 1.12 so i don't think that it will be too big a problem for you. It is not as if you will have to actual re-write you entire campaign.

Nevertheless the newer versions add many good improvements so it is recommended to update. Also as i previously mentioned, probably the most significant factor to consider is users. Currently 1.12 has many more users to 1.10 and even 1.13 so it is best to create your new campaign using it.
Halbling

Post by Halbling »

Thanks for all!
Probably I will updat soon!