Wesnoth 1.13.2

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Never

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.2

Post by Never »

I [censored] love you guys.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

There was something exotic with the windows installer.

All other releases had a tick box for saving add-ons/save-files in install location. I miss that feature!

The water is awesome!
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

That is the reason I havent got 1.13.2 nor 1.12.5 yet. While it admittedly is better to have 2 copies of major versions userdata instead of current 3-7, getting required command line parameters working comfortably takes some time.

Notice of this change and some instructions can be found from https://mail.gna.org/public/wesnoth-dev ... 00001.html.

Edit. Finally got 1.13.2, it wasnt as difficult to change userdata back to normal as I feared before.
Last edited by Ravana on February 14th, 2016, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: .
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Ravana wrote:That is the reason I havent got 1.13.2 nor 1.12.5 yet.
As said in the linked emai,l this shoudl only effect master, so im surprised that you also hvae this problem on 1.12.5. You should file a bugreport.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Ravana and Wussel wrote:[stuff]
This is explained at length in the first page of this thread, actually. The mailing list post alone will make little sense to non-developers (or even developers missing the full context for whatever reason). And as gfgtdf said, it’s for 1.13.2 and later only. 1.12.x doesn’t get (intentional) compatibility-breaking changes like this, like every other stable series.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

There is some strangeness in the top-left menu. Too many "ctrl+j"s.
I can no longer submit at Gna!, it seems.
Attachments
ctrlJ.png
ctrlJ.png (13.18 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

That's a known bug with hotkey handling in SDL1.2. Happily, it's been fixed in 1.13.2+dev with the move to SDL2.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I got an error with an [endlevel] that used end_text=_"Continued in Part II"

error:
error scripting/lua: /usr/local/share/wesnoth1_13_2/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:1459: bad argument #1 to 'set_end_campaign_text' (string expected, got userdata)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_end_campaign_text'
/usr/local/share/wesnoth1_13_2/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:1459: in function 'cmd'
/usr/local/share/wesnoth1_13_2/data/lua/wml-utils.lua:137: in function 'handle_event_commands'
/usr/local/share/wesnoth1_13_2/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:279: in function </usr/local/share/wesnoth1_13_2/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:278>

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen with 1.12. Is this also a known bug?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

doofus-01 wrote:I got an error with an [endlevel] that used end_text=_"Continued in Part II"

error:
error scripting/lua: /usr/local/share/wesnoth1_13_2/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:1459: bad argument #1 to 'set_end_campaign_text' (string expected, got userdata)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_end_campaign_text'
/usr/local/share/wesnoth1_13_2/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:1459: in function 'cmd'
/usr/local/share/wesnoth1_13_2/data/lua/wml-utils.lua:137: in function 'handle_event_commands'
/usr/local/share/wesnoth1_13_2/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:279: in function </usr/local/share/wesnoth1_13_2/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:278>

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen with 1.12. Is this also a known bug?
No this i now known yet, but it lookes like its will be easy to fix. Will be fixed in next 1.13 release.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

I tried 1.13.2a yesterday and found my userdata was being stored in: My Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons. Is this a weird Windows 7 thing, or a new change? Previous versions of Wesnoth have asked me during installation where userdata should go.

I wouldn't mind so much, but the change of location seems to prevent me from loading local player scenarios set to allow_new_scenario=yes, which makes MP campaigns impossible to test.

Talking of testing, where has my trusty stderr.txt file gone? Can't find it in either location.

Any ideas on all this?
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote:Any ideas on all this?
It's both in the release notes on the previous page ('General', last two points).
I have a cunning plan.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote:I tried 1.13.2a yesterday and found my userdata was being stored in: My Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons. Is this a weird Windows 7 thing, or a new change? Previous versions of Wesnoth have asked me during installation where userdata should go.
In the opening post:
General > Windows: New user files location
Bob_The_Mighty wrote:Talking of testing, where has my trusty stderr.txt file gone? Can't find it in either location.
General > Windows: New log file location
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Ah, thanks Pentarctagon/nuorc. Should have read it all I guess. :oops:

I've found the log and I'm getting hundreds of message like this:
warning preprocessor: Redefining macro CONDITION without explicit #undef at ~add-ons\\The_Altaz_Mariners\\macros\\misc_macros.cfg:5
Is this the sort of warning I can safely ignore, or does it portend bad things to come?
My current projects:
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote:I've found the log and I'm getting hundreds of message like this:
warning preprocessor: Redefining macro CONDITION without explicit #undef at ~add-ons\\The_Altaz_Mariners\\macros\\misc_macros.cfg:5
Is this the sort of warning I can safely ignore, or does it portend bad things to come?
It just means that... well, exactly what it says: you're redefining a macro without first undefining it (which would be an indication that you know you're redefining it). Most likely you could safely ignore that, although just adding the #undefs should be pretty straightforward too.

EDIT: Although the "hundreds of" part seemed to indicate that you're actually including that file a whole lot of times (instead of, like, once), which is certainly true at least in the 1.10 version of TAM (every scenario includes macro_hub.cfg which includes everything else).
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

zookeeper wrote:It just means that... well, exactly what it says: you're redefining a macro without first undefining it (which would be an indication that you know you're redefining it). Most likely you could safely ignore that, although just adding the #undefs should be pretty straightforward too.
Actually, I didn't know I was redefining macros. I always do it like the mainlines ones, like this:

Code: Select all

#define TAM_SCROLL_TO X Y
	[scroll_to]
		x={X}
		y={Y}
	[/scroll_to]
#enddef
Where would you put #undef?

zookeeper wrote:EDIT: Although the "hundreds of" part seemed to indicate that you're actually including that file a whole lot of times (instead of, like, once), which is certainly true at least in the 1.10 version of TAM (every scenario includes macro_hub.cfg which includes everything else).
Yeah, looking at the log every macro (and there's tons of them) are coming up lots of times. I can't remember why I ended up including everything in the macro_hub. I don't understand this too well, I just go with what works. Can you explain what method is best?

Feel free to split this if need be, I realise it's going off-topic.
My current projects: