compiling wesnoth2

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bitron
Developer

compiling wesnoth2

Post by Bitron »

Well, I was curious about how the wesnoth2 mechanics actually works and decided to (try to) compile it.
I have managed to successfully compile the anura engine, but whats next? do I simply copy the wesnoth2-master files into the enignes folder?
Dugi

Re: compiling wesnoth2

Post by Dugi »

Does this question even belong here? Maybe Game Development or Off-Topic would be more suitable. You're asking about a different game. They should have their own forums or at least an IRC channel.

Also, considering their unclear for profit business model, it is possible that they made their game deliberately hard to compile. If it was easy, people would compile it themselves instead of paying for the prepared binaries.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Put the wesnoth2 module from https://github.com/anura-engine/wesnoth2 under modules/wesnoth2 and then run anura with --module=wesnoth2
Dugi wrote: considering their unclear for profit business model, it is possible that they made their game deliberately hard to compile
The model is intended to be similar to what Wesnoth currently uses, with this clarified.

We want the game to be as easy for people to build and get hold of themselves, but since we are early in development we haven't spent much time smoothing this over yet. Any help with it is welcome!
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Also to get more help please use IRC -- #anura on irc.freenode.net
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Well... There is just a cmd window that poppes up for less than a sec and than nothing else is happening..
I did everything exactly like the described in the wiki page for building anura on windows. Exept one thing: when i tried to type in the "%VS110COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat" the cmd told me its an invalid command so I skipped it.
Everything else went fine. Well, okay, and I have no clue where to type in the --module=wesnoth2 :whistle:
Im using a Win10 System with VSEE 2013, downloaded the wesnoth2-master and the anura-trunk branch.
Krista

Post by Krista »

Bitron wrote:Well... There is just a cmd window that poppes up for less than a sec and than nothing else is happening..
I did everything exactly like the described in the wiki page for building anura on windows. Exept one thing: when i tried to type in the "%VS110COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat" the cmd told me its an invalid command so I skipped it.
Everything else went fine. Well, okay, and I have no clue where to type in the --module=wesnoth2 :whistle:
Im using a Win10 System with VSEE 2013, downloaded the wesnoth2-master and the anura-trunk branch.
If you built it yourself then all the files should be in the <some path>\build-Win32\ folder. The wesnoth2 checkout should go in the build-Win32\modules\wesnoth2 sub-directory. anura --module=wesnoth2 should be typed into a command prompt after changing directory into the appropriate build-Win32 sub-folder.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Awesome, it worked fine. Thanks very well, to both of you, Dave and Krista.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Dugi, please do not backseat-moderate or spread false accusations.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?