History of Wesnoth

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dorsil

History of Wesnoth

Post by Dorsil »

Hi guys !! this game only contains 16 campaigns ( The last is ''Under the burning suns'' ) I would like to know if in the future there will be more campaigns to continue the history of this great game ??? :roll: :roll:

I apologize for my English, is bad :(
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: History of Wesnoth

Post by zookeeper »

We don't specifically create new mainline campaigns, we just add user-made campaigns if we think 1) it's good and 2) someone volunteers to take care of it long-term and 3) it's not too similar to the existing campaigns. The current 16 campaigns and a lot and we don't have enough people to take care of them even now, so it's unlikely we'll add new ones anytime soon.
Dorsil

Post by Dorsil »

zookeeper wrote:We don't specifically create new mainline campaigns, we just add user-made campaigns if we think 1) it's good and 2) someone volunteers to take care of it long-term and 3) it's not too similar to the existing campaigns. The current 16 campaigns and a lot and we don't have enough people to take care of them even now, so it's unlikely we'll add new ones anytime soon.
OH ! Thanks man ! :)
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

If you are satisfied with more history without it being "official" you can always visit the addon server and try out some of the user made campaigns. "Invasion from the Unknown" and "After the Storm" for example continue the story of "Under the Burning Suns" and are - as far as my understanding goes - regarded as semi-cannon because they are so good.

You can find more suggestions in this thread Looking for story campaigns but I can not guarantee that all of them are close to the mainline lore.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.