Number of MP players

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sudipta

Number of MP players

Post by Sudipta »

Can someone give me an estimate of how many people plays multiplayer wesnoth ? I want to know if it is popular or not, and whether there are battles going on at all times ?
Also is there any specific time at which most players are online. ( answer in GMT format )

I have been playing the battle for wesnoth for more than 3 years now. I know that my profile shows that i only joined last month but dont be fooled. Honestly speaking i never really bothered with the forum. I only play single player campaigns so i dont have any idea of what multiplayer wesnoth is like. I played all the official campaigns multiple times, and have played most of the UMC campaigns, ( well mostly the popular ones :P ) The only reason i registered to the forum was becoz i wanted to play war of the jewel and aria of the dragon slayer really badly, so i needed to contact the author revansurik and remind him to reupload them to the 1.12 server ( which he has done yesterday, and for that May He Live Forever. :lol: )

But now, i think i want to give a shot at multiplayer wesnoth. So i would like to know how popular this game is. Honestly speaking i think TBFW is THE MOST UNDERRATED game in the world. Honestly, a game as amazing as this one should have millions of players, instead of the measly thousands that i see in the number of downloads in the add on list.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Number of MP players

Post by Ravana »

There are statistics of multiplayer server at http://wesnothd.wesnoth.org/

In stable server there are always games, and most active time of day would be about now.