Looking for MP era without magic

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

andrewhanson

Looking for MP era without magic

Post by andrewhanson »

Hello,
I played Wesnoth a few years ago and I seem to remember an addon that was just martial units.
Please let me know if there is one or if someone knows how to make it.
I am looking to play Wesnoth default without the undead faction and other units that use magic.
Thank you,
Andrew
Shiki
Developer

Re: Looking for MP era without magic

Post by Shiki »

Well, I can't tell you about old times, but there is now an faction in mainline which uses no magic nor arcane & coldness.
Try out the dark board theme.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I seem to remember an addon that was just martial units.
Before being added to the various eras of the 1.13/1.12 add-on servers, The Dark Legion was once the only faction that lacked any magic-based units. Perhaps you are referring to the Dark Legion?
Please let me know if there is one or if someone knows how to make it.
I am looking to play Wesnoth default without the undead faction and other units that use magic.
You mean a variant of the Default Era that has no magic-based units? Looks like someone has to make it.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
zwclose7

Post by zwclose7 »

Magic is great! Why you don't want magic?
andrewhanson

Post by andrewhanson »

I was looking for a variant of the default era with no magic not just a faction. As for magic I don't play games with magic in them as the bible talks of magic as a sin. So maybe I would have to figure out how to make it, but I am not tech savvy and do not have the text writer needed.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello if you would like I can make you a simple modified default era without magic units or undead.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi i have released a mod named 'The Default & AOH [no magic]'

It is currently just the normal default and AOH eras without any mages, magic units or undead. If anyone sees any magic units which i forgot to remove post.

Later i will add new non-magic units to balance out the ones who have been removed.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

It is currently just the normal default and AOH eras without any mages, magic units or undead. If anyone sees any magic units which i forgot to remove post.
Since we are actually going through with this farce, I like to point out that elves and drakes are all magical units. You have to remove them too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Perhaps you should think twice before laughing.

It may not be funny either way.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

@lord knightmage

Hmm... True, but that is a more minor thing and not necessarily relevant.

I am not suprised at getting flack for creating this type of add-on. But I didn't do it because I personally think it is better but instead to be helpful. I figure everyone has their own preferences and The Point of wesnoth is that it is editable, so if this is not how you would like to play then that is perfectly reasonable.
andrewhanson

Post by andrewhanson »

Thank you very much The_Gnat I really appreciate you going through the trouble. Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner but I've been really busy, but thanks again.
Andrew
P.S. Sorry for the flack you're getting for this. I know no magic is odd for gamers.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

There are some more "modern" eras that don't look like they would have magic (I don't know though): viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45114 , viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26298 , viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37434
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

andrewhanson wrote:Thank you very much The_Gnat I really appreciate you going through the trouble. Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner but I've been really busy, but thanks again.
Andrew
No problem at all! :D Glad i could help!
andrewhanson

Post by andrewhanson »

We have been using this era a bit thanks again. I am curious is the pic for your profile Garland?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Glad you are enjoying it. Also my profile picture was drawn by valkier (a while ago) for the phoenix knight.