In-game Statistics

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

In-game Statistics

Post by Dave »

After several requests, and thinking it a good idea myself, I'm working on an in-game statistics feature. This feature would allow you to get statistics about any scenario you've played, or statistics for all scenarios.

Some statistics I'm planning on recording:

- the type of units recruited, and total gold spent on recruiting
- number of units recalled (and trivially, gold spent on recalling)
- the units of each type on the player's side that have been killed
- the units of each type that the player has killed
- the advancements the player has made
- the total damage inflicted on enemies when attacking
- the total damage received from enemies in the form of counter-attacks
- the total damage inflicted on enemies in counter-attacks
- the total damage received from enemy attacks
- the average % chance to hit
- the average % chance enemies have to hit you
- a record of all the possible results for each type of combat. This would allow you to say "Eight times I have attacked with a 4 hit attack at 70% chance of hitting and missed all four shots"
- analysis of how much you have benefited from day/night.

Are there any other statistics people want recorded?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Total and Specific numbers of units you have leveled.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

Xp gained? Maybe a break down of it by unit level like
Total Xp gained 289
gained by lvl1 56
gained by lvl2 144
gained by lvl3 89
It allows to see the balance as well as the Xp "wasted" by unit that can't level anymore...
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

Xp gained? Maybe a break down of it by unit level like
Total Xp gained 289
gained by lvl1 56
gained by lvl2 144
gained by lvl3 89
It allows to see the balance as well as the Xp "wasted" by unit that can't level anymore...
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
lala

Post by lala »

as well as the Xp "wasted" by unit that can't level anymore...
But that's going to change, isn't it?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

no!!!!
no no no no no!!!

there is no real plan to make it change, but there has been some discussion on it. i, for one, hope it does not happen.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Accipitradea

Stats

Post by Accipitradea »

Dunno if it's too late to get more stats, but I'd like to get campaign stats too, like number of turns played, hours played, number of saves, and so on.

Post by Guest »

Total XP lost/wasted

being the sum of all experience points earned by units since the beginning of a scenario but lost because they got killed. these may be XP not spent well.
holizz

Post by holizz »

How about a stupidity-check?
- Number of times attacking something clearly stronger with a unit in red HP.
- Sacraficing a unit about to level-up.
- Losing all units of one type that you can't recruit (i.e. when you get theives but you can only recall them)

Or a luck-o-meter:
- Number of times attacking something clearly stronger with a unit in red HP but coming out on top.
- Getting all your attacks in, all your opponent's attack's failing and you haven't got an advantage due to the time of day.
- Losing all your units and slaying the enemy leader with your leader.
- Winning in 5 turns.
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

Heh how about a "The Computer Hates You" statistic that shows how many ridiculously low hit rolls you did.
It would be interesting because my Mermen never ever hit even when they have like a 70% chance...
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Gafgarion wrote:Heh how about a "The Computer Hates You" statistic that shows how many ridiculously low hit rolls you did.
It would be interesting because my Mermen never ever hit even when they have like a 70% chance...
just to be accurate, if your units are fighting nagas, they only have a 30% chance of hitting, not a 70% chance.

still, a 'luck-o-meter' would be a useful statistic.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

turin wrote:
Gafgarion wrote:Heh how about a "The Computer Hates You" statistic that shows how many ridiculously low hit rolls you did.
just to be accurate, if your units are fighting nagas, they only have a 30% chance of hitting, not a 70% chance.

The thing that's hard about a 'luck-o-meter' is that humans perceive themselves as unlucky when particularly important rolls go against them, even if many other less important rolls go for them.

It is very difficult for the computer to correctly assess which rolls are more important and which are less important.

It is likely that a human would want to look at a 'luck-o-meter' to justify their outrage at being 'ripped off' after an unlucky streak at a crucial time. It is likely going to be even more annoying for them when the luck-o-meter disagrees with them, and says they've been rather lucky.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

turin wrote:

He never said he was fighting Nagas, he cloud have been attacking anythign with a storm trident.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

i never said he was fighting nagas, i said IF he was fighting nagas. :)
nagas are what merman fight most of the time, anyway.

chances are a 'luck-o-meter' will not give much valid information.

why not just rig the RNG if you really want to get the kill? or use save/load technique?:)
The World of Orbivm
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

turin wrote:

I was fighting Trolls in shallow water. This was a multiplayer game.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry