WesPo 2.0

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Xara

Re: WesPo 2.0

Post by Xara »

Hi, Nobun. Thanks for the tool!
I just want to report a problem that WesPo can't parse codes like this and would err (you can try EoMa or EoFM for example):

Code: Select all

# wmlxgettext [ability]
[/ability]
I'm aware that this problem might not be easy to solve and you may not have time. So I ask a question instead: if I modify the add-on files and delete these problematic lines, and then generate a po file with WesPo, is my po file supposed to work like normal with the original add-on files?
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

The PO file only cares about which strings are in it, not where they came from.
Xara

Post by Xara »

GunChleoc wrote:The PO file only cares about which strings are in it, not where they came from.
Does it care which file are the strings from? Is it possible to edit the to-translate strings directly in po?

GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

You can directly hack the po file as you please, as long as you have a matching source string in your source code, and you don't break the file format specification. Note that this is difficult to keep in sync though if you change something in your code, e.g. fix up or add a string. So, automated generation and merging is always best - I do not recommend hacking the po file.

PO files often have a comment to tell you where in the source code the strings came from, but it would work without them. They are there to help you find the strings again in the source code only, e.g. if you need to fix a bug or to access some context information.
Xara

Post by Xara »

Thanks, I didn't realize po file can be opened with a txt editor.