Japanese translation

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RatArmy

Japanese translation

Post by RatArmy »

I want to update Japanese translation, but active Japanese maintainer is not found.
In this case, where should I send translated files to? Or contact someone?
Last edited by RatArmy on August 3rd, 2015, 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Japanese Translator: Mainline components, and some Add-on campaigns...
watbesh

Re: Maintainer of my language is not active

Post by watbesh »

I don't think myself a good translator, but if I can help your work...

Assuming you're translating the mainline contents,
- For anyone who wonder: according to the changelogs, Japanese translation is not updated since 1.11.8, which was released January 2014.
- According to this page's "Translators" and "NEW Translators" section, you have to contact the Translation Maintainers (for Japanese, seemingly, iwaim and Okada). List of the Maintainers and their possible e-mail addresses can be found here. ...But I guess you've already tried that and it didn't work.
- If they're inactive, contact the Language Coordinator, Ivanovic and explain the situation... It's the only solution I can think of. (And if it fails too, any active official developers you can find.)

(Now I noticed posting in Japanese would've been a lot easier. But I don't care.)
My MP Eras and Mods with core units and unusual gameplay (version 1.3.1 for Wesnoth 1.12)
RatArmy

Post by RatArmy »

Thanks to reply, watbesh.
List of the Maintainers and their possible e-mail addresses can be found here. ...But I guess you've already tried that and it didn't work.
I did.
Okada said that he has not concerned wesnoth for a long time.
iwaim and I were going to fix translation(marksman in sword, firststrike ...etc) before release of 1.12.4. But I lost contact with him on the way, and there still hasn't been any contact from him.
- If they're inactive, contact the Language Coordinator, Ivanovic and explain the situation... It's the only solution I can think of. (And if it fails too, any active official developers you can find.)
OK, I will ask Ivanovic about this.
watbesh

Post by watbesh »

You're welcome! I'm not a member of official (core or Japanese) translators/developers, so I'm not sure that things I suggested would work. I just wanted someone to update the translation, and decided to try to help you.

If iwaim is active, contact with Ivanovic is not a must - I suggested that because I thought, if no maintainer is active, you would have to do the maintainer's job in their stead anyway. This job seems to be beyond my ability and interest.
My MP Eras and Mods with core units and unusual gameplay (version 1.3.1 for Wesnoth 1.12)
RatArmy

Post by RatArmy »

I contacted Ivanovic and he told me to become a new maintainer.
But I am busy now, so it will be few weeks later that I start work.

Alternatively, if want to start work as soon as possible, watbesh, you can become a maintainer instead of me.
(I am not good at English, maybe your English skill is better than me. )
RatArmy

Japanese translation

Post by RatArmy »

Now I am a new Japanese maintainer.

I think release of 1.14 is many months later, so I plan to fix 1.12 translation before the next maintainance release.(but I don't know its release dates.)
And I made transifex page ready(I used transifex to translate IftU and AtS).
I and some friends started to translation on the transifex page. If want to join translation, login the transifex page or contact me.
trewe
Translator

Re: Japanese translation

Post by trewe »

Yes, focus should be on the 1.12 branch especially considering in 1.13/1.14 strings are still changing all the time. Are you already subscribed to the translators mailing list? Not the busiest one, but important announcements are posted there.
RatArmy

Post by RatArmy »

Thanks to reply. I already did it.
RatArmy

Post by RatArmy »

Japanese translation team works in Transifex, and talk about Japanese translation in japanese channel of wesnoth Discord now.