Gareth's Journey - New campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SirGalahad

Gareth's Journey - New campaign

Post by SirGalahad »

Hi, I've been developing a campaign, it has 20 scenarios and this is the first complete version.

I would like to hear some ideas and opinions. (and volunteers for images and english translation XD)

Still, there is a To-Do list, details in READ-ME-PLEASE.txt

This is the URL
https://sites.google.com/site/quarter68site/GJ.zip
So you can download it and play it.

You just have to unzip and place it your Add-Ons directory.

I hope you like it :)

Enjoy it.
Last edited by SirGalahad on July 25th, 2014, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With great power comes great responsibility.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: The Gareth's Journey - New campaign

Post by Turuk »

SirGalahad wrote:This is the URL
So you can download it and play it.
Any particular reason you don't want to publish it to the add-on server?
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
SirGalahad

Post by SirGalahad »

Yes, I want, but I do not know how to do it. XD
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

In english, it should be "Gareth's Journey" though, not "The Gareth's Journey".
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

SirGalahad wrote:Yes, I want, but I do not know how to do it. XD
You can find details on how to do so here.

I downloaded your add-on to test it out, and it threw an error from the main.cfg when I went to play it. You may want to look at how it is structured.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
SirGalahad

Re: Gareth's Journey - New campaign

Post by SirGalahad »

zookeeper wrote:In english, it should be "Gareth's Journey" though, not "The Gareth's Journey".
Sorry, I've corrected my mistake.

Turuk wrote:
You can find details on how to do so here.

I downloaded your add-on to test it out, and it threw an error from the main.cfg when I went to play it. You may want to look at how it is structured.
Thanks, Turuk. I will read the How-To for I can publish it to the server.

What's the error message? With me, it works perfectly but I will take a look.
What version do you have? I have 1.10.2 running on Linux Ubuntu.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I was using 1.11.16, though I can give it a try on my 1.10 version tonight. I will get the exact error and pass it on.
SirGalahad

Post by SirGalahad »

I've rebuilt the main.cfg file and tested it with Wesnoth 1.10.2 running on Linux and Wesnoth 1.10.7 running on Windows, it works correctly.

The campaign has been uploaded again, the link is the same

For Turuk, who has been commenting my post and reported the errors, if you want to test it out again, I will really apreciate it. And thanks for your help. :)
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

SirGalahad wrote: I've rebuilt the main.cfg file and tested it with Wesnoth 1.10.2 running on Linux and Wesnoth 1.10.7 running on Windows, it works correctly.
Yes indeed, it was just that I dropped it and ran it in 1.11 as I was not sure what it was intended for and that is my default outside of trunk.
SirGalahad wrote:For Turuk, who has been commenting my post and reported the errors, if you want to test it out again, I will really apreciate it. And thanks for your help.
So far so good, it started up just fine and I played through the first scenario. I like the small maps, it makes for an interesting tactical consideration when the enemy can press you right away and you have more limited maneuvering space. I cannot speak to the plot/dialogue as it is in another language, so I am not quite sure of the actual story being played out.
SirGalahad

Post by SirGalahad »

I've uploaded a new version. The links is the same.

What's new? The original version is written in spanish, this version has a partial english translation (the first 10 levels).

If anyone can help me with the translation or can check out the part I've translated, I will really apreciate it. I'm not native english speaker and it's possible I've committed some mistakes.

Test it, play it and enjoy it.

:D
ElvishThunderer

Post by ElvishThunderer »

I've played through all the scenarios in english, and it was a pretty good campaign so far. If you need any help let me know and I'll gladly help. The only things I can't help with are translating because I don't know Spanish :lol: and artwork because I am the most unartistic person ever. I had a few comments, but it's been a week since I played it, so I want to replay it and refresh my memory so I don't give you false information. :)
SirGalahad

Post by SirGalahad »

ElvishThunderer wrote:I've played through all the scenarios in english, and it was a pretty good campaign so far. If you need any help let me know and I'll gladly help. The only things I can't help with are translating because I don't know Spanish :lol: and artwork because I am the most unartistic person ever. I had a few comments, but it's been a week since I played it, so I want to replay it and refresh my memory so I don't give you false information. :)
Really? You played all my campaign? I'll be working with translation but I've been busy since I go to Univeristy.

You can help me with grammar, sintax and vocabulary mistakes when I finish the translation.

How was the campaign? I mean; map designs, difficulty (balaced or not), storyboard, recruiting list (poor or overpowered), any change to make it better, ideas, the items (faerie bow, soul-eater sword and staff) overpowered, weak or OK?