Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Okay, can some of you guys test this version of traits. I think I figured out a comfortable way to prevent similar traits from stacking devastatingly, but I can't be sure unless backed up by a large amount of statistics. Can some of you test these new traits?
demons_race.cfg
Use it to replace file units/demons_race.cfg
(22.87 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Also, if any of you guys have problems with slow AI anywhere (except the swarm demon issue that is known), please report it and paste a save file.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

This showed to me, when I tried to load mission Empire of Suffering, after replacing Demons race
Attachments
chyba, wesnoth.JPG
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Oh, my bad. I forgot that it has some dependencies.
Attachments
abilities.zip
Use these two files to replace the files with same names in the utils folder.
(23.46 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Now explosive attack doesnt work- it hurts only the main target.

It says: <Invalid WML found> (get_unit_resistance) not supported

EDIT: same for Storm and cleave attack.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Dammit, it seems that I have made too many changes since the last release. This file should fix that specific issue:
Attachments
_main.cfg
(12.31 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Everything is now working fine.
By quick look, demons are a bit more interesting. But I will look at them on high dificulty. And also, I will take look on first encouteering of demons.
I looked on imps, and I think they havent change at all, but they are 2lvl units, so it s not a big problem.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The first demons weren't specifically modified by the files I gave you, because none of the files was dealing with that scenario. You got only general changes of demons.
I haven't changed imps, they are low level cannon fodder and should not bring nasty surprises.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

To demons:
Skill Regrowing frenzy-it can be really cool skill. But. In mission: Into the Light (3scenarion of part 5.campaing, medium difficulty), where I encounter demons for the first time, 4-5 demons had that skill. It made them almost unbeatable. My unit could not hurt them at all.
And in Inferno parts, there is demon leader (16lvl), and he has the same skill. And it is really week skill, for 16 lvl unit.

I like the changes, as they are in Inferno parts. I have just problem with the scenario Into the Light- probably allowing enemy just to recall 8demons max, and then just make him recruit imps?
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Skill Regrowing frenzy-it can be really cool skill. But. In mission: Into the Light (3scenarion of part 5.campaing, medium difficulty), where I encounter demons for the first time, 4-5 demons had that skill. It made them almost unbeatable. My unit could not hurt them at all.
And in Inferno parts, there is demon leader (16lvl), and he has the same skill. And it is really week skill, for 16 lvl unit.
This is what I feared. In my experience demons were quite a challenge on the first encounter already. I would propose to make the ability scale with unit level. Thus it could be nerfed for those early encounters and get stronger on the leader demons. (something like "level * 2 - 2")

I still did not find the time to test this personally, but I will hopefully do so today.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Or maybe create a new unit- it can look same way, have the same lvl, just have skill, like they used to have.
Also I think, that resistance penetration would be great skill for them. I would suggest giving them skill which gives 1%penetration on everyhting by 1 lvl.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I like the idea to make the regrowing frenzy depend on unit level.

In Into the Light, I'd prefer to limit the number of demons and replace them by imps if he recruited a certain amount of demons, it would make them into a scary introduction to what you will have to deal with. He'll tell that he can't control so many demons without risking a rebellion.

I don't think that a level dependant resistance penetration would be a good idea. Resistance penetration used by a very large number of enemies, or even all enemies in some scenarios, would somewhat alter the role of resistance. I have done some small changes after posting that file and added a resistance penetration trait, so some demons will have that ability.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

In the next enemie´s round, enemy leader will die because of Inicernation, caused by my duelist wizzard. He will advance to next lvl, but I will get no AMLA.
It is just a little bug I can avoid, but if you are interested...
Attachments
LotI2-Fortress_of_Blackened_Dreams-Automatické_uložení23.gz
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
marktempe

Post by marktempe »

Small bug in Jungle hell map: the hex 39:30 is... "walkable", but there is no way to get there and away. On the other hand, teleporting units to a leader close by, may cause a unit to be placed there. And there to stay for at least 10 turns...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Delicius169
It seems that advancing from incineration does not activate the advancing event chain. I'll check it out.

@marktempe
How did you manage to kill an enemy there? How did you even see that an item is there? If it's impossible to get there and away, there must be impassable terrain all around. You can kill enemies standing on the impassable terrain, but how do you kill enemies behind impassable terrain? With incinerate or splash damage or something?
marktempe

Post by marktempe »

Dugi wrote: [...]
@marktempe
How did you manage to kill an enemy there? How did you even see that an item is there? If it's impossible to get there and away, there must be impassable terrain all around. You can kill enemies standing on the impassable terrain, but how do you kill enemies behind impassable terrain? With incinerate or splash damage or something?
no wait, misunderstanding: I killed noone, my leader was very close to an area of impassable terrain so that when I clicked on "teleport units to leader", since they are all packed around Efraim... one ended up in that hex.
By the way... since you mentioned, there is no way to pick items dropped onto impassable terrains, right?