Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

matsjoyce

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by matsjoyce »

There's no NPE in C++. We get seg faults instead!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Pags wrote:Basically, the freeze happens after a character on the recall list gets killed and occurs within that map from that point further and for all following maps. My guess is a null pointer exception isn't being trapped properly.
Pointers are never saved, a null pointer would never cause trouble like this. And as matsjoyce pointed out, this game is using C++ where null pointers cause segfaults (that usually means a crash, unless you give it some kind of handler for recovering from it). Wesnoth add-ons are however not written in C++ but in WML, a rather simple and slow programming language with no pointers, so a null pointer cannot exist there. This error is caused by some code looking for a unit that isn't there, which somehow causes a while loop to get stuck (WML has a limitation that helps recovering from this, loops break automatically after 56536 iterations, often concealing this issue). I will have to check where this might be happening.
tgab

Post by tgab »

Hello here,

I've been playing this campaign until the Lilith part, where when I defeat everyone except umbra, argan stops playing and I can't get my two units to defeat umbra together, or I don't know which special powers I should be using. I don't have the time to read all of this mega-thread so would a good soul point me to where to find a solution ?
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Hi tgab, welcome.
tgab wrote:the Lilith part, where when I defeat everyone except umbra
Did you look at the *Campaign help from the context menu? What scenario is it specifically?

Looking for Umbra in my .po I found

Code: Select all

msgid "Defeat Umbra"
msgstr "Besiegt Umbra"

#. [objectives]
#: scenarios2/01_The_Beginning.cfg:448
msgid ""
"Note: Some enemies are very hard to kill by other units than Efraim or "
"Lethalia"
I believe Umbra is one of those freaks who have several appearances, here's what I did in 'Umbra':
LotI1-Umbra_Aufzeichnung_abspielen.gz
(423.23 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Suggested special powers: slow, backstab, poison, whatever does the most damage... ;)
I have a cunning plan.
tgab

Post by tgab »

Yes, that's what I finally did: i went back to two previous episodes before, upgraded both heroes with axe and slowing skills, then used the units that are afraid to attack umbra as a shield when i ran out of life, recharged again and continue to slow down umbra, until i could hit the final blow. It took 34 turns in total. Thanks very much for your help, I will look at it !
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Please could anyone send me first scenario of the 2.chapter? When those Cursed Lilith´s elves meet with Leth and Ef? I d like to play that part of campain again, but I am not gonna play it from beginning.

And little question: Why does Exterminator s set gives bonus to magical attacks? Exterminator has no magical attack.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@Delicious169

regarding the exterminator set bonus: I'm not sure, but does their whirlwind attack count as magic?

your save is incoming.
Edit: does it have to be a save from the first turn? I noticed that my earliest save in that part of the campaign is turn 14 xD
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Delicius169 wrote:Please could anyone send me first scenario of the 2.chapter?
This should be it.
LotI1-Neuanfang.gz
(157.87 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
hf

PS: There could be some German in it, but nothing major, I believe. Not sure if it 'wears out' over the following scenarios. :hmm:
I have a cunning plan.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Re: What approach to prevent farming do you prefer?
(I'd like to separate that from the above.)
@Dugi: Until when is this poll open?

I haven't voted yet. I don't see the problem with farming and frankly haven't even tried to search and read up the discussion.

A lot of the given choices seem random to me, like dropping estimated items or some freakin' Beelzebub that's supposed to pop up. And please no other advancement paths.

If Dugi thinks there's too much farming in certain scenarios, why not set or adjust the turn limit?

Personally I'm fine with finishing early giving gold, but I'd like some more dealers, also with a chance to have 'good stuff'.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for helping him, I had no idea what to recommend.

@nuorc
You're one of the few who don't farm. Many people forsake the early finish bonus and prefer to kill all enemies the boss recruits in order to gain items and exp, which are more valuable than gold.

###To all###
Can you guys please have a look at this topic? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44112
I just want the guy to get more feedback. I promise I will never look at the topic so that you would feel no concern about hurting me if you don't support LotI.

Edit: 5 new items (mostly rare stuff) added, the new version will have a total of 300 items obtainable from random drops.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:@nuorc
You're one of the few who don't farm.
Yeah, thanks, but I guess I do. I'm currently in chapter VI; I could have finished Across Barren Lands 35 turns early. But that would have gotten me nothing, so I stayed and just the XP was worth it. Then in Axadria I discovered that my favorite Destroyer had the Undead Legacy. :annoyed:
So I decided to ditch it and farm the scenario for XP for certain units and will most likely continue doing so.

Speaking of chapter VI: I'm stuck in The Library. It doesn't finish even if I visit all bookshelves and then hop in the puddle in the middle. It also feels generally glitchy, for example the objectives pop up several times and I suppose not all enemy events fire.
LotI2-Die_Bibliothek.gz
(185.06 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
LotI2-Die_Bibliothek_Runde_6a2.gz
(763.05 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Any & all help will be greatly appreciated. :)
I have a cunning plan.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Thank you for savegame, some items are in german ( i have to drop them on ground and pick them up to be in english)

And about farming: are we talking about Inferno chapter, or chapters before?

Because farming in previous chapter could be better forbiden with lower number of rounds, there is almost no scenario when I wouldnt have too much unspent rounds.
And in Inferno? The most pro-farming things in Inferno are: Plants (for items, and reddems) and Burning souls (i have 2 arcane wariors- dwarf protector, elvish seer with leeches and they are unbeatable by them, they kill whole army by themsleves).
So possibilities for Inferno: to have number of rounds for whole Inferno part (1500 rounds? They must try to get to Irdya as soon as possible to save it from demons), or that they are being chased by terrible strong demon (it could be Abadonn, much more stronger version, more resistant, and some special skills, like suck, absorb, parry, doom...), and after certain number of rounds he arivess to the scenario (he wouldnt be very fast (6MP), and I d have to kill everyone and run away, or try to kill him. (he could have a little army 5/6 of demons on 20lvl, they are really strong and dangerous)
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

nuorc wrote:I'm stuck in The Library.
Turns out that there was an essential hint I missed in the dialog.

Unfortunately the walkthrough didn't clarify that, so I will contact a certain author about it. ;)
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@nuorc
Which author?

@Delicius169
I am not trying to prevent farming in chapter 9. As long as you don't solo, it's all right. Farming in early areas brings a huge advantage and is both annoying and rewarding. In chapter 9, you don't have much enemies ahead, so farming is mostly about seeing how far you can go. It's also less annoying.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

In that case, I think reducing number of rounds is best solution... :-)