Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Osnil

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Osnil »

I was introduced to Wesnoth by a friend, but only recently discovered this campaign. It is by far my favorite, taking an epic story as a given, but the varied gameplay makes it fun. Especially the additional upgrades to OP your units and the weapons. I just wanted to tell you all that you're doing a fantastic job from what I've beaten so far. Thank you for the experience.

One thing I didn't like was doing a TON of work to upgrade Delly and Argan only to lose those upgrades when they left and have to start over again when they returned. That, however, is my only problem.

I will say that OPing my units is WAAY too much fun. I have Ephriam OP in Melee combat to the point where he destroys any unit he comes in contact with, and Lethalia is the same, only in ranged combat; Meteor is the best attack ever, even better than whirlwind.
Efraim-de-Ceise

Post by Efraim-de-Ceise »

Hello!
One question: Where can I find Beelzebub ?
-Chapter
-How-to
-Rewards for defeat him
Last edited by Efraim-de-Ceise on July 23rd, 2016, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

Efraim-de-Ceise wrote:Hello!
One question: Where I can find Beelzebub ?
By finishing scenarios as earliest as possible. Usually you'll find some "markers" that will both summon and lure Beelzebub to you.
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Efraim-de-Ceise

Post by Efraim-de-Ceise »

In how scenario?
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

I don´t know why, but I am unable to spawn Beelzebub. I applied the fix of renaming the turns_saved variable to the save file as well as the utils.cfg but the event never fires.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, so I updated the FAQ about the drawbacks of AoE attacks. I have also significantly reduced the damage penalties, explosive and whirlwind now reduce the damage by 10 instead of 14.
Whiskeyjack on his Wesbreak wrote:Edit: Bug!? The Spectral Jet knife (and I assume all other kinds of plague) don´t work when used on the win condition enemy leader. See attached save file.
It killed him and he promptly died, winning the scenario.
Osnil wrote:I was introduced to Wesnoth by a friend, but only recently discovered this campaign. It is by far my favorite, taking an epic story as a given, but the varied gameplay makes it fun. Especially the additional upgrades to OP your units and the weapons. I just wanted to tell you all that you're doing a fantastic job from what I've beaten so far. Thank you for the experience.
Always pleased to read this.
Efraim-de-Ceise wrote:In how scenario?
Whiskeyjack wrote:I don´t know why, but I am unable to spawn Beelzebub. I applied the fix of renaming the turns_saved variable to the save file as well as the utils.cfg but the event never fires.
He spawns in many scenarios, but there are some exceptions, which are generally scenarios that are:
  • Early in the campaign, where having saved enough time is very improbable
  • In atypical scenarios, where you aren't at full force or no proper battlefield can be set up
  • In most scenarios in areas where time limits are unusual (like chapter 9 or later chapter 5)
Beelzebub gives massive amounts of experience for fighting or killing him and fills the area around him with radius of 2 hexes with items.

Whiskey, if you think that you've applied the fix incorrectly, you can try to get the version from github, I am keeping it up to date.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Alright, I downloaded your Git version but I think the problem was a different one: I just had a really long streak of scenarios where the obelisks wont spawn (end of c1 and start of c2) - at least 8 of them. I debugged my way into the future and lo and behold, in the 9th scenario it finally spawned (I think the last time I only debugged like 6 scenarios). Well, I´ll play patiently from the jumping point again then - at least I won´t have to wait very long for a second spawn in that case :D

Edit: Alright, I´m just blind, the obelisks were there on at least 2 other maps as well...
Last edited by Whiskeyjack on July 25th, 2016, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Osnil

Post by Osnil »

I'm so sad about Delly. Just finished the campaign where you overthrow Wesnoth.
MrNevino

Post by MrNevino »

Thoroughly enjoyed this campaign, though I would like the secrets explained, I don't remember everything I found so the whole meaning was kind of lost on me lol

Overall great campaign tho the ending just kind of upsets me on an emotional level XP
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Osnil wrote:I'm so sad about Delly. Just finished the campaign where you overthrow Wesnoth.
don't worry, there is a
Spoiler:
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

The spawn-mechanic of the pit in Entering the Desert is broken.
Attachments
LotI1-Entering_the_Desert_replay.gz
(657.57 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

MrNevino wrote:Overall great campaign
^_^
MrNevino wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed this campaign, though I would like the secrets explained, I don't remember everything I found so the whole meaning was kind of lost on me lol
You can ask me in a PM.
Whiskeyjack wrote:The spawn-mechanic of the pit in Entering the Desert is broken.
What do you mean with broken? I haven't seen any bad spawns there.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Dugi wrote:What do you mean with broken? I haven't seen any bad spawns there.
My bad. The point I made was that I hadn´t seen any spawns there. A look at the scenario code tells me: The spawns start at turn 17 while I finished on 16. Should have checked that earlier...

I think after the nerfs Lightning Agility is a little heavily priced for the effect. Sure, stacking the dodge could be a strong exploit, but that won´t help against magic attacks and you won´t get any resistances. If you don´t have a lot of luck with speed item drops the difference to earlier runs can be felt quite heavily (on the other hand, I finished above map a lot earlier than I was supposed to, can´t be that bad...)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I could make it cheaper, but I would like more opinions about that.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

The Lightning Agility nerf sucks. It is grossly overpriced now, especially since you made it more expensive before the nerf.
I have a cunning plan.