1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.10 and 1.12 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.2 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server.
- The previous version worked with the BfW 1.12 release candidates, but there was a bug that prevented it from working with the latest version (1.12.1).
- There are some (mostly cosmetic) touch-ups to Part1
- Fixed a few minor glitches in the "shopping" scenarios.
- Fixed an AI bug in scenario Royal Rumble
- various dialgue touch-ups.

I've tested this up to the end of Royal Rumble, so I think it's all good up to there, but I can't promise anything about parts after that.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.3 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server. There were some fixes to Part 3, and some minor upgrades to the "unit status" menu affecting Parts 2 & 3, though I think you need to start from the campaign list, not loading a save, for there to be any effect.

I've (re)played part way through the Mt. Tien scenario, and fixed some goofiness in scenario Mirror Pond, so things should be good up to there at least.
Also, Archaic_Resources and Archaic_Era have been updated, so if you get errors, be sure that you've got the most recent version of those.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
nflqt

Post by nflqt »

Hello.

I would like to update your extension (Bad Moon Rising)'s translation in my mother tongue.

But I do not understand why :
- this file we're supposed to translate : https://github.com/wescamp/Bad_Moon_Ris ... /master/po
- is so different from that which corresponds to the extension that I have just downloaded : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31348&p=582032&hilit=Bad+Moon+Rising#p582032

And why such a gap in version numbers? 1.12 vs 1.7.3.

(My mother tongue is french.)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi,
nflqt wrote:But I do not understand why :
- this file we're supposed to translate : https://github.com/wescamp/Bad_Moon_Ris ... /master/po
- is so different from that which corresponds to the extension that I have just downloaded : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31348&p=582032&hilit=Bad+Moon+Rising#p582032
It looks like Wescamp is defunct. All the add-ons I see there are from early 2014. So in this case, the translation files are different from the version you just downloaded because there have been updates.
nflqt wrote:And why such a gap in version numbers? 1.12 vs 1.7.3
"1.12" is version of Battle for Wesnoth, "1.7.3" is version of this add-on Bad Moon Rising.

I think there is a way to do this without Wescamp, but I don't know how yet. I can look into it now that I know it matters. I'll also make a note in the campaign description that Wescamp is abandoned and should not be used. A note should probably also be put in http://wiki.wesnoth.org/WesCamp
EDIT: I've put a note at the top of the Wescamp wiki page.

Thanks.
aquileia
Inactive Developer

Post by aquileia »

As to the way to do this without Wescamp, the thread you linked to in the other topic has the basic instructions:
http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php? ... 29#p580936 and my post below that

Basically, translations have three steps:
.pot (for the author) --> .po (for the translator) --> .mo (for the player)

pot files contain all the strings of a domain that are translatable, plus context where they are used. The actual translation work is done on a copy, the po file for the respective language, to keep the pot file clean. The po file can then be compiled into a mo file, which is the format Wesnoth can read.

Edit: Oh, and as TransfeedXavier wrote, some tools as PoEdit can generate po & mo from the pot file themselves, in case you prefer GUI applications.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

OK, thanks aquileia. I'm attaching the .pot file to the first post of this thread, it's also in the translations folder of the add-on.
-----------------------
Version 1.7.4 has been uploaded, there were some improvements and fixes to the later scenarios. I've haven't revised the last scenario yet, that will be for next time. Archaic_Resources add-on has also been updated.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've uploaded 1.8.0, it has some fairly major changes in shops/inventory system. Not all the changes are fully implemented, and I'm not sure the final scenarios work, but it seems to be working fine in the earlier scenarios. Please let me know if there are any problems with it.

I doubt it is compatible with old save-files.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

I tried to play this campaign an there are some problems i noticed, specially on the world map:
  • The world map does not show the actions menu making things like saving, loading , closing the game etc impossible if you don't know the hotkeys.
  • Entering the word map maked wesnoth freeze for ~10 seconds. Most likeley it is a bug in your WML in a start or prestart event.
  • Your lua code uses a often wesnoth.show_dialog but i didn't see any wesnoth.synchronize_choice. this is known for causing OOS (corrupt replays in sp)
  • If my move ended with a skirmish then i cannot move when i get back to the word map (because i have no mp left) And I also cannot end the turn manually (because the button is not there) so i'm stuck
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

gfgtdf wrote:The world map does not show the actions menu making things like saving, loading , closing the game etc impossible if you don't know the hotkeys.
There's the context menu/right-click menu thing.
gfgtdf wrote:Entering the word map maked wesnoth freeze for ~10 seconds. Most likeley it is a bug in your WML in a start or prestart event.
Doesn't happen to me, not sure what to do...
gfgtdf wrote:Your lua code uses a often wesnoth.show_dialog but i didn't see any wesnoth.synchronize_choice. this is known for causing OOS (corrupt replays in sp)
Replays weren't even on my radar, so that was never going to get addressed. Thanks for letting me know.
gfgtdf wrote:If my move ended with a skirmish then i cannot move when i get back to the word map (because i have no mp left) And I also cannot end the turn manually (because the button is not there) so i'm stuck
Yeah, that needs to be fixed, but it wasn't a high priority, because you're only stuck if you can't use the right-click menu for some reason, in which case the campaign won't work anyway.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

doofus-01 wrote:There's the context menu/right-click menu thing.
Yeah, that needs to be fixed, but it wasn't a high priority, because you're only stuck if you can't use the right-click menu for some reason, in which case the campaign won't work anyway.
Ok i didnt search for the quit game button in the right clicks menus, but there are still other things that are unavaiable like Save game or change preferences. Maybe you could put the actions menu back in but without the whole upper bar.
doofus-01 wrote: Doesn't happen to me, not sure what to do...
Maybe it only happens when you return from a skirmish.

New bugs:
1)in the shop you still get income.
2)The proices are calculated wronlgy if you want to buy multiple items of the same type.
3)Duval, General Maslov, And teh 2 loyal Loyalists you get in "Old quardian" cannot wear items.
4) Scenario the pit: [gear_item] not suppoertd
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

gfgtdf wrote:Ok i didnt search for the quit game button in the right clicks menus, but there are still other things that are unavaiable like Save game or change preferences. Maybe you could put the actions menu back in but without the whole upper bar.
Sure, but do you really need those things there?
gfgtdf wrote:Maybe it only happens when you return from a skirmish.
Well, I'll keep an eye out.
gfgtdf wrote:1)in the shop you still get income.
2)The proices are calculated wronlgy if you want to buy multiple items of the same type.
Will fix, thanks.
gfgtdf wrote:3)Duval, General Maslov, And teh 2 loyal Loyalists you get in "Old quardian" cannot wear items.
Yeah, only the Orcs and Ukians really can, for now. I should have at least included Duval though.
gfgtdf wrote:4) Scenario the pit: [gear_item] not suppoertd
It looks like I only went up to Royal Rumble scenario. (Ugh, shouldn't release things when I'm so distracted, I thought I got further than that.)

Thanks for the reports, I can fix these this weekend.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.1 has been uploaded. Most of the things mentioned were fixed; there were some minor additions and touch-ups as well. The campaign should work up to the volcano scenarios at the end, then I expect it should fall apart because the player controls more sides than just side 1 and I still have some work to do to account for that.

I didn't get around to the wesnoth.synchronize_choice thing... Does anyone even care about replays in a UMC campaign?

EDIT: just had to upload 1.8.1.a, because I forgot to add a macro to one of the P2 scenarios, so the inventory thing was broken for that one scenario.
Last edited by doofus-01 on June 1st, 2015, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by Paulomat4 »

hey,
just started replaying this because of the inventory system and the marching formation mentioned in this thread.
Really, great great work that you have done on that. It looks stunningly beautiful! :shock:
I'm only up to the third scenario (the forest encampment one) but I just got 1 item up until now. I hope I'll get a few more in time :)

I've got a few questions about the inventory though.
-First of all I didn't understand why I can only drop items in the world map.
-Second, how do I change items from one unit to another?

I didn't really play around with it yet, but it might be useful to explain how the inventory works. Maybe by adding a tooltip tto every button if something like this is doable?
gfgtdf wrote:Entering the word map maked wesnoth freeze for ~10 seconds. Most likeley it is a bug in your WML in a start or prestart event.
That happens to me as well. I played on windows xp if that matters. But it might just be my slow computer.
Does anyone even care about replays in a UMC campaign?
You should ;) I, as UMC creator, would always be happy to get replays for my campaign. That helps detect errors that others make that you wouldn't (because you know all the tricks in a scenario) and balance accordingly. For example I had to rebalance my first scenario 2 or 3 times, just because I knew exactly how to beat the enemy.

I played on 1.8 btw.
:)
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, Paulomat4.
Paulomat4 wrote:I'm only up to the third scenario (the forest encampment one) but I just got 1 item up until now. I hope I'll get a few more in time :)
I'm still wiring them in. 1.8.1 has more than 1.8.0, but it's still in progress.
Paulomat4 wrote: -First of all I didn't understand why I can only drop items in the world map.
Are you sure? This isn't the case for me.
It might even be worth disabling it on the world map.
Paulomat4 wrote:Second, how do I change items from one unit to another?
You can put them in inventory with one unit, then get them out of inventory with another. That does mean you can make things effectively teleport across the map, since the units don't need to be next to each other, but I didn't want to make it too cumbersome. The inventory options are disabled if the unit has no moves, so it's shouldn't be possible to use one item for multiple unit attacks by passing it around before and after combat. You can also drop them, and pick them up, but I decided that was too annoying.
Paulomat4 wrote:You should ;) I, as UMC creator, would always be happy to get replays for my campaign.
Save-files are useful for that too, and they are faster. The level of feedback you're talking about is not something I see much of for UMC campaigns. MP and mainline, sure, but not here.
Paulomat4 wrote:I didn't really play around with it yet, but it might be useful to explain how the inventory works. Maybe by adding a tooltip tto every button if something like this is doable?
It's doable, maybe next time.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I'm still wiring them in. 1.8.1 has more than 1.8.0, but it's still in progress.
Just got a bag of herbs after the update :)
Are you sure? This isn't the case for me.
It might even be worth disabling it on the world map.
Nope, it was just because my units didn't have any moves.

Onwards to fort Kuhle!
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl