1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.10 and 1.11 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

1.5.6 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. There were some upgrades to some portraits and the scenarios connected to worldmap. The 'skirmishes' should be less silly, but the 'battles' are probably not quite ready for prime time. But it is still better than it was.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.4.4.a has just been uploaded to the 1.9.x/1.10.x server. The only change was that I copied over some of the portraits from 1.11.x version, mostly to get rid of the errors due to too large portraits that caused some trouble in Part III. This was the first update in a year (almost to the day), and assuming I didn't screw something up in this one, it will be the last for BfW 1.9/1.10.

The 1.11.x version has changed significantly from the 1.10.x version, so porting those changes back to the older version would not be trivial and is not going to happen. Some day BfW 1.12 will be here and it won't matter.

EDIT: Forgot to include "dependencies" in PBL file, so it is possible to download BMR without Archaic Era and find it is broken. So, uploaded 1.4.4.b - hopefully this is the last upload to 1.10.x server.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
DragonofRA

Post by DragonofRA »

Hi i really enjoy playing "Bad Moon Rising," but i have run into a problem with the scenario "escape the legion". When i load the scenario and go through the dialogue it gives an error message and says to report this message. I'm using version 1.10.5
Condition 'static_cast<int>(y)>=0'failed at src\gui\auxiliary\canvas.cpp:1097 in function 'draw'. Extra development information: Image 'portraits/nemesis.png',y=-49.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

What version of the add-on are you using? The recent update for BfW 1.10.x was specifically meant to deal with this. Hopefully you just need to update the add-on.
DragonofRA

Post by DragonofRA »

Right so i updated the add-on for the campaign but the problem is still there.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Well, I've done what I could for that, too bad it doesn't fix it. At least it doesn't happen in BfW 1.11.2. Try deleting the image, it's <add-on data>/Bad_Moon_Rising/images/portraits/nemesis.png. You might need to delete ares.png as well.
DragonofRA

Post by DragonofRA »

I have tried updating and re installing both BMR and the Archaic Era add-ons and now when i try to load the game it tells me i am missing the era, so when i try to install the era the completion bar is at the end and then it says it failed to install
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I saw your other post, DragonofRA, which you or someone deleted (why?), that makes me think this is not a problem anymore. Therefore, I consider this issue closed, unless someone can give me a valid bug-report that shows otherwise - I don't enjoy fishing for red herrings.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.5.7 was just uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. There were some graphics updates, but there were also some fixes to scenarios in Part 2 - especially the later scenarios. The last few scenarios (of Part 2) were tested with 1.11.4.

Part 3 loads, but I haven't really tested it recently. Hopefully I'll get that done next time.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.5.8 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. I made some small revisions to scenarios up to Hateful River scenario, because that is as far as I got in this pass. The most significant that comes to mind is the Pit (revisited) scenario, I hope it is less of a tedious slog.

There were a few minor graphics updates, there were also some additions Raenna's and Belleros's AMLAs as well as what's for sale at the shops. The biggest update though is the change of theme during the worldmap scenarios, I hope that part is less clunky.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.6.0 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. I finished it with BfW 1.11.4, so I'm 90% sure it's up to date and I'm a little more confident that it is "finished" and there won't be any re-writes (though there is still artwork, dialogue, and balancing work to be done). Most of the changes in this version have to do with the later scenarios of Part 3. There was also an update to the Archaic_Resources dependency.
DragonofRA

Post by DragonofRA »

I'm on the mission "volcano" BMR part 3 and i have no idea how to win because each time Ares reaches the bottom of the map i lose. Does anyone have a good strategy?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I don't remember how it's presented in BfW 1.10 version, but in the recent version, there is a hint that the clue is in the prologue of the whole thing. Find the place the fat mage used to seal the cave.
fylyp82

Post by fylyp82 »

Hello,
First of all special thx to all he people that are working on BFW. It's a hell of a game, not mentionning that it's free !!! BMR is one of the most interesting campaigns, especially because of it's final fantasy like map system. I'd see more dense maps for a start for any further developpement in the same direction.

I have a problem though, on Mirror Pond Mission (BMR III)
Whatever i do, i never have enough movement points with any of the characters (Orcish Warlord, Belleros or the witch) to grab the book and get out of the room on the same turn (wheb the "disemboing voice" speaks). Inevitably, I remain stuck in the room, unable to make a single move for 1 turn, then Belleros says "The Frost Curse is Spreading" leaving no choice of movement except 2 left toward the frozen pond. I think I tried about everythng possible but i just can't bring that book to the chest. Please help :)

I run Wesnoth 1.10.6 on Max OS 10.5.8
Thx
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I don't remember the BfW 1.10.x version real well, but it is probably unfairly balanced. I made some revisions to it in the BfW 1.11/1.12 version. But if you keep the orcs south of the main room, and use a fast unit to go with Belleros in getting the book, it should be possible. If all else fails, you can type :debug, mouse-over the too-slow-unit, and then type :unit moves=32 (or whatever you want instead of 32). It may be cheating, but that particular scenario can be more annoying than challenging.