1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks. I've removed the event from your file, so nothing happens when she dies now. A real fix will take longer, I'll try to have it in the next update (whenever that is).
Attachments
BMR3-Volcano_Turn_35.gz
(250.16 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
walktheline

Post by walktheline »

Thank you so much, that is awesome! Now, I was finally able to finish the campaign. As I said, I enjoyed playing it a lot, you have put so much thought and work into it! Thanks again, and all the best!
- wtl
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Hello there, just found a bug: when I try to buy something in a shop, the game crashes and closes.

I really enjoy playing this campaign so could you try to fix it please?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

GodlyDragon wrote:Hello there, just found a bug: when I try to buy something in a shop, the game crashes and closes.

I really enjoy playing this campaign so could you try to fix it please?
I'll need a little more info than that. Any errors? What resolution were you using? (I'm guessing it is related to one of the GUI elements, but it's a wild and vague guess.)
Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

There is a save file, I hope it will help.

EDIT: An error message appear and says: Assertion failed!

Program: ...

File: src/gui/widjets/gridd.cpp

Expression: false

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the visual C++ documentation on assets

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Attachments
BMR2-North_Star_Trading_Post.gz
(15.09 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I couldn't reproduce the problem. The errors indicate it is related to building the shop menu. The menu is pretty unusable in the smallest resolution available, 800X600, but it doesn't crash. I think it used to be possible to crash it with large lists or something, but I couldn't do it just now with your save-file. Do you remember exactly what you did before the crash, could you reproduce the crash if you wanted?
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

The crash always happen so yes, I can reproduce it. If it could help, I noticed that it doesn't happen in the previous version. If you can't reproduce it, the problem is surely on my side, any idea on how I can fix it?

PS: Sorry for my poor English :oops:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

GodlyDragon wrote: If you can't reproduce it, the problem is surely on my side, any idea on how I can fix it?
No, I have no idea what to do about it, if I can't reproduce it, unfortunately. Could you give me a step-by-step on how you get it to crash? Do you just have to talk to the merchant, or do you need to buy & sell things in a certain way?
Thanks.
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

I just go talk to the selling merchant and that's all, the bug appears. As I said before, I didn't had this problem with the previous version, your guess is better than mine.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Well, I got it to happen once somehow, but then it wouldn't happen again. I guess the best advice I can give at this point is to just try again, maybe wait a turn before moving or something like that.
GodlyDragon wrote:As I said before, I didn't had this problem with the previous version, your guess is better than mine.
I doubt the version is the cause, but what version are you referring to? The add-on or BfW?

I also noticed you have some other add-on giving a menu for "import unit" and "export unit", but that it disappears upon reloading, maybe because I don't have it. For lack of anything better to try, maybe you could remove that? :hmm:
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

I meant the add-on version ( sorry, I thaught it was obvious ).

I just tried both of your suggestions and it didn't removed the problem.

In the previous BMR version, I had the import/export mod and there wasn't any problem. The problem showed up when I updated BMR to the current version.

I guess I'll have to wait for the next update and to hope that the bug will go away, if you have any other ideas, I'll try them. If not just continue your great work, I'll eagerly be waiting the next update.

Thanks again for trying to help me out. :D
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

GodlyDragon wrote:I just tried both of your suggestions and it didn't removed the problem.
Yeah, it was a long shot.
GodlyDragon wrote:Thanks again for trying to help me out.
Thanks for reporting an issue, even if we couldn't figure it out. You probably aren't the only one getting a crash.
Leimery

Post by Leimery »

Yea been loving this campagin so far till i got to the shop then i had the same Microsoft c++ runtime error he just got whenever i try talking to the npc, everything else works fine the seller menu pop up no issues just the armor dude whenever i go next to him
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Well, that's not good. I'm not sure how ot go about fixing this though. What resolution and language are you using?

It might be related to this bug:
http://gna.org/bugs/?23822

Changing the resolution doesn't cause a crash for me, but I can't tell from the bug report whether that means anything.
Leimery

Post by Leimery »

any specific resolution i should change too ?

And am i missing much by not having access to to armourer ?

Would also be awesome if you had a guide somewhere on these battles.. soo hard haha