1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.9/1.10 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

Ivir_Baggins wrote:In the BMR2 scenario "The Pit", how do I stop Scarrion? It seems almost impossible.
Use dogs and scouts to slow him down.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
nickanc

Post by nickanc »

doofus-01 wrote:
Ivir_Baggins wrote:In the BMR2 scenario "The Pit", how do I stop Scarrion? It seems almost impossible.
Use dogs and scouts to slow him down.
I found "The Pit" problematic too.

A problem is that at the beginning you dont know you will have to chase a fast enemy, so you may not recruit/recall any fast unit (dogs/scouts) or a few of them until you get to the fortress of the primevalists, but it may be too late. Is it possible to put some warning in the scenario goals? Also, the ghosts at the end are stupid: they may attack Scarrion and die in the attack! This, of course, makes the interests of Scarrion, in the way that if they hadnt attacked Scarrion, the player would have at least a turn more (Scarrion loses a turn killing a shadow) to reach him. Could these undeads behave better?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

nickanc wrote:A problem is that at the beginning you dont know you will have to chase a fast enemy, so you may not recruit/recall any fast unit (dogs/scouts) or a few of them until you get to the fortress of the primevalists, but it may be too late.
It shouldn't be necessary to recruit lots of fast units in the beginning, using the Primevalist's keep is supposed to be good enough. I guess you could get unlucky and not be able to get into the keep for too many turns... I remember it being challenging, but far from impossible to catch him, though it's been a while. I'll try to look at it again sometime soon.
nickanc wrote:Also, the ghosts at the end are stupid: they may attack Scarrion and die in the attack! This, of course, makes the interests of Scarrion, in the way that if they hadnt attacked Scarrion, the player would have at least a turn more (Scarrion loses a turn killing a shadow) to reach him. Could these undeads behave better?
When I tested it (a long while ago), they seemed effective in slowing him down a turn, and that was my intention. But if they are unhelpfully suicidal, it should be possible to fix.

Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Slayter93

Post by Slayter93 »

there is a problem that shuts the campaign down in the 2nd level of the 2nd series of the game, it says:

error while playing the game: game_error: invalid side(3)found in unit definition
I am the Nightgaunt, I go around unseen in the night and slay you from behind when you don't expect it.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the report. :)
But that scenario has been successfully loaded many times before, so I'll need a little more information (versions, maybe a savefile...).
Slayter93

Post by Slayter93 »

I am running the newest version of BfW which is 1.11.0, what you mean by savelife? and ill take a couple of photos and post em here and explain what i was doing in them
I am the Nightgaunt, I go around unseen in the night and slay you from behind when you don't expect it.
Slayter93

Post by Slayter93 »

here they are. sorry if they are bad

Slayter
Attachments
and it shows it when i try to get into Korkath and again after turn 5
and it shows it when i try to get into Korkath and again after turn 5
and this is the message it shows me as i stated earlier
and this is the message it shows me as i stated earlier
it tells me to check my 'marching formation' for something within this level but when i go to access it, it doesnt let me
it tells me to check my 'marching formation' for something within this level but when i go to access it, it doesnt let me
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Slayter93 wrote:I am running the newest version of BfW which is 1.11.0
Ah, it is not so well tested on 1.11.0, so that makes sense.
Slayter93 wrote:what you mean by savelife?
When you load a saved game, you are giving wesnoth a text file to read. If you gave your most recent one to me, I could use it to re-create the issue. But don't worry about it, I think I have enough info for now. Thanks.

EDIT:1.4.5 has been uploaded to the 1.11.0 add-on server. There was an error in one of the intro scenes that caused throw-away characters to be carried over into the player's game. Not really sure why it showed up the way it did, but it should be fixed now. Unfortunately, it requires a restart of the campaign, at least it was only one scenario deep.

BTW, all those silly "You are victorious!" messages shouldn't be showing up at the end of each scenario, but I'm pretty sure that is an error with BfW, not unique to this campaign.
Slayter93

Post by Slayter93 »

thanks man, and its ok tht its just one scenario. but it would suck if it was like second to last hahaha

Post 2:
the fix will be in an add-on update yes?
Last edited by Crendgrim on September 12th, 2012, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Yes, it should be on the 1.11.0 server.
Slayter93

Post by Slayter93 »

Wat do you guys recomend on using to defeat the guys at Korath (i think thats how its spelled), the place with the female hunters. Bcause Ihave tried dozens of times to beat it and Icannot do it, it seems like the Ukian soliders are too weak compared to the normal human soliders and the defense ratings for the archers are kinda bad because Icould have them on a castle ground and have them die after being attacked by 2 people because they only have a 50% defense where they stand and Icannot get any luck with the odds and they always die..

Any suggestions on what i should do? Because I don't know what to do.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Do a few skirmishes to build up some level 2 units first, then try again and try to keep all your units in one group. Use attack dogs if you've got any.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Flameslash has it right. That's one of the main reason I made those skirmish scenarios, sort of a "difficulty cushion".
Slayter93

Post by Slayter93 »

how do i get into a skirmish? I thought it said that if you strayed from the path that would trigger them but that didnt work either. unless i was doing that wrong too
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

For me it usually takes a few turns moving around on the snow to trigger one.