1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.2 has been uploaded to the server. There were some more items added and wired in, and I think I have a system that will work for multiple player-controlled sides, but I'll admit I haven't gotten to the point that I could actually test it (it's only relevant in Part3, but I'm still going through Part 2), other than to say it doesn't break the side-1-only sections.

Every now and then there is a glitch in display or bookkeeping, but it seems rare and intermittent which makes it difficult to figure out.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hey it's me again.
I just transitioned to part 3. It's nice that I still have all my units and their items, but my inventory is now empty. It's no big deal, but it would be great to have those few fur cloaks back ;)
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Paulomat4 wrote:I just transitioned to part 3. It's nice that I still have all my units and their items, but my inventory is now empty.
Ah, I forgot about that. :doh:
It'll probably be fixed in the next release. If you, or anyone, could post or send me a save-game from the end of Part 2, it would be helpful. Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

If you, or anyone, could post or send me a save-game from the end of Part 2, it would be helpful. Thanks.
Sure
Attachments
BMR2-Epilogue.gz
(55.05 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks. I believe it is fixed now.
-----------------------------------------------------

1.8.3 is being (slowly) uploaded to BfW 1.12 server. There have been some minor updates to the inventory system, as well as some small fixes to Part 2.
tuxle

Post by tuxle »

Hi all

I found 2 typos:
./Bad_Moon_Rising/translations/wesnoth-Bad_Moon_Rising.pot:8097:msgid "Our best bet is probably the peaks in the west. We won't be as exposed to the sky, and there will be mroe places we can hide from the daemons on foot."
./Bad_Moon_Rising/scenarios3/2_05_World.cfg:210: message= _ "Our best bet is probably the peaks in the west. We won't be as exposed to the sky, and there will be mroe places we can hide from the daemons on foot."

Great Campain! Thank you :D
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, it'll be fixed in the next release (which is probably in about a week).

EDIT: I should mention that the group inventory not transferring from Part2 to Part3 was not fixed after all, though it did work with Paulomat4's file. Line 85 of file 1_10_Epilogue.cfg needs to be changed so that gear_pool becomes gear_pool_1. After you make that change, play the epilog again for changes to take effect. Then the inventory should be there when you start Part 3 from the campaign selection screen.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.4 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 add-on server. It has the fixes mentioned above, and some minor touch-ups to the early scenarios of Part3 (I am currently going through The Pit - Revisited, so nothing beyond that is tested by me recently).

I've found that there is a problem if the Inventory has too many different items, it can even lead to crashes. I will mention this in the first post.

I also need to update the translation files, but I don't remember how to do that right now and must log off, so that will have to wait for next time.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.5 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server. I have not completely fixed the status/inventory window-sizing crashes, but I think it's much better than before, and crashes should be rare.

I've also fixed a bug/exploit where item quantity number would get increased in inventory if you tried equipping an iron shield on a dog, for example, or someone who already was using a shield. That was kind of silly, I must have been so dazzled that things were actually working that I didn't stress-test it.

Another bug, that wiped out the inventory after a cut-scene, has been fixed as well.

In my own replay of this, I am at the beginning of the Whitetooth Peaks, and things work well enough up to that point, but I anticipate some problems and rewrites in the scenarios after that.

EDIT: Aaaand, of course, I failed to update the translation file... I'm English-speaking, so this isn't obvious to me, until writing this forum post. I also have no idea how important this is to the players. Changes will still be made to the translatable strings, so maybe it is for the best, for now.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

If you get crashes from wesnoth lua functions you should report it in the wenoth bugtrtacker
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Sure, but it takes a bit of time to re-create the problem with a minimalist test-case add-on or mainline edit, for something that seems an avoidable bug and possibly a duplicate (gamestate inspector used to do a similar thing, I think).
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.8.6 has been uploaded to the server. The campaign works to the end (or can work, I didn't have time or energy to test all decision points). I've fixed a series of minor bugs that were noticeable in the final scenarios. The ice-trolls were also updated because the previous versions were done very cheaply, but this means Archaic Resources has also been updated.

The main issue that I know of is that the AI seems to crap out at the end of the last scenario, so Ares and the Chimera just sit on their bums doing nothing, which is a bit anticlimactic...

I'm updating the first post, and attaching the updated .pot file there, for any prospective translators, though it is in the add-on itself too. WesCamp is still defunct, so don't use those files.
walktheline

Post by walktheline »

Hey, I've really enjoyed playing this campaign so far, but I am stuck at the level "Volcano" in BMR 3. When the Orcish witch (after the sandy part with the Chimera) is killed, I am defeated, even though she is in the enemy's team (Raenna says "That's not good" or something like that and then it shows the Defeat screen). Is that supposed to happen (I suspect not)? I play BfW 1.12.04 on Mac, and I think the most current version of BMR from the repository. Is there anything that can be done to circumvent / fix that? I'd really love to finish the campaign. Thanks a lot!
- wtl
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

walktheline wrote:When the Orcish witch (after the sandy part with the Chimera) is killed, I am defeated, even though she is in the enemy's team (Raenna says "That's not good" or something like that and then it shows the Defeat screen). Is that supposed to happen (I suspect not)?
No, something is wrong there. Do you have a save-file? I might be able to fix it, and even if not, it will help with correcting whatever happened. Thanks.
walktheline

Post by walktheline »

Thanks a lot for getting back to me! I am attaching a save file to this message, and I hope that this might help in resolving the issue. If you need any further information from my side, please let me know. Sadly, I am not very tech-savvy and I probably wouldn't understand much of the underlying code... thanks again!
-wtl
Attachments
BMR3-Volcano_Turn_35.gz
Save_BMR3
(240.49 KiB) Downloaded 230 times