1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fylyp82

Re: 1.10 and 1.11 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by fylyp82 »

Thx a lot. I'll try that. Btw, you made it sound like it was possible to recruit/recall in this mission. Could i have missed this 0_0

Thx a lot for the help anyway :) Ill feedback you by editing this post

edit : ok done with two ulkian commandos recruited in debug mode. Thx again for your quick answer. Those side quests really add smtg to the game experience. I think that combined with a individual skill developping for heroes, it would really be smtg to dig.
See you.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

fylyp82 wrote:Btw, you made it sound like it was possible to recruit/recall in this mission. Could i have missed this 0_0
There should have been the folks you had on the worldmap skirmishes, that you selected in the "marching formation" pseudo-scenario(s).
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

I'm getting 'Invalid WML found' messages in the first scenario of part 1 of BMR:

Code: Select all

Invalid WML found: "Cold Heal" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Invalid WML found: "Demigod" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Invalid WML found: "Triage +4" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Invalid WML found: "immortal" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
(BfW v1.11.5+dev (3bd8b11-Clean) on Ubuntu 12.04.)
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Hello doofus-01,

I am not really sure this is helpful for you or not, but it seems this is the solution of sur.nhm's report above: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 43#p557443
I think mine gets the same problem...:augh:

best regard
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, sur.nhm, and SkyOne. The warnings prior to 1.11.5 were mysterious and vague, and sounded trivial, so I didn't do anything about them. But error messages are always ugly, aren't they? I haven't done anything with BMR since 1.11.5 came out, so this slipped my mind. I think the Archaic Era descriptions are up to date. I'll fix these in the next release, whenever that is.

Thanks again.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Laile

Post by Laile »

Hi I'm currently on Volcano of BMR III and I am really frustrated haha. I have no idea how to end the game. I can't find the crystal sword that I saw being mentioned in the forums and I can't even get close to Echidna because the AIs are surrounding it all the time. How do I go about this scenario at all??
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi,

The sword is gone. It was in earlier versions, but I thought it was just a little too "convenient" in terms of the plot.

You do need to try to attack Echidna, so if the AI is surrounding her, that could be a problem, I suppose. That never happened to me when I tested it, and I don't recall anyone else complaining about it happening, so it should be pretty easy to avoid. But I'll try to remember to write something to account for that when I revisit this.
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

Hi,
I started playing BMR yesterday and now I'm at the sceario where Huric attacks Fort Kuhle. The Ukians are a cool faction to play and the World Map is a nice feature. I'm only wondering: the War Hound is said to have a fire attack with the torch, but I only have the option to have them attack with their teeth.
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Elfarion wrote:Hi,
I started playing BMR yesterday and now I'm at the sceario where Huric attacks Fort Kuhle. The Ukians are a cool faction to play and the World Map is a nice feature. I'm only wondering: the War Hound is said to have a fire attack with the torch, but I only have the option to have them attack with their teeth.
The fire is only for defense. The animation (or lack thereof) does make it a bit confusing.
awfulfalafel

Post by awfulfalafel »

Since there is a dependency on the Archaic Era add-on, you should add it to the dependency list in the campaign file so wesnoth knows to prompt you to download it too.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

awfulfalafel wrote:Since there is a dependency on the Archaic Era add-on, you should add it to the dependency list in the campaign file so wesnoth knows to prompt you to download it too.
(?) Yes, I that's what I did.
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

In the scenario 'fundraising opportunity' the scenario goals don't tell you that you lose, when an enemy unit reaches the southern edge of the map.
- Sergej Lukianenko
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Elfarion wrote:In the scenario 'fundraising opportunity' the scenario goals don't tell you that you lose, when an enemy unit reaches the southern edge of the map.
Thanks. I don't see anything about the southern edge condition in the scenario file, but there is a condition x=58-60 & y=28-34, I assume that's what you meant? I'll add "Lieutenant Branson escapes with hostage" to the objectives, hopefully that covers it.
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

It happened when an enemy unit reached the spot, it was a cavalryman. If you want to check it, I can upload a savegame.
- Sergej Lukianenko
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Elfarion wrote:It happened when an enemy unit reached the spot, it was a cavalryman. If you want to check it, I can upload a savegame.
No, that's alright. It'll be changed in the next release. Thanks.