1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Great_Mage_Atari

Re: 1.9/1.10 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

It's not as if this is a MAJOR issue, but to less experienced players it makes it a mad house.
averyimaginativename

Post by averyimaginativename »

doofus-01 wrote:
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:This is just me, but it would seem that Bresda and Ponce are VERY underpowered. I usually have to keep them off to the side just to keep them from getting killed. Maybe a ranged attack (even a minute one) would be helpful.
Possibly. I might have been over-compensating for Nemesis.
I strongly disagree. You do need to level them quickly, but Bresda comes with Skirmisher, and gains Concealment, and level 4 Leadership (and gets that ranged attack). Ponce comes with Poison, and Leadership and gains Skirmisher.

Neither have weak terrain defence anywhere and as long as you choose your terrain carefully (stay in the water!), you've got the defence difference of elusivefoot and more health than a dwarf.
UMC Story Images web gallery

On an indefinite Wesbreak for health reasons - please only try to get my attention for UMC story images website issues.
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

I strongly disagree. You do need to level them quickly, but Bresda comes with Skirmisher, and gains Concealment, and level 4 Leadership (and gets that ranged attack). Ponce comes with Poison, and Leadership and gains Skirmisher.

Neither have weak terrain defence anywhere and as long as you choose your terrain carefully (stay in the water!), you've got the defence difference of elusivefoot and more health than a dwarf.
This is all true, but put up against a ranged opponent (or multiple, in most cases) means that they are (and excused the language) screwed. I suggest giving them darts (or at least Ponce). This way it will be more balanced.
Evander

Post by Evander »

New version is not working properly with 1.9.9

It shows error message like this:

I would love to see it fixed soon, as I am curious about the story in this campaign.

And speaking about Your campaign Bad Moon Rising, I have only this to say:
"This is how you do it".

Great job, and I hope there will be more campaigns with 'world map' and random encounters :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks. Some changes were made to Archaic Era, Trinity needs to be updated to function. I was a little surprised I could even get it to load.

Not sure when it will be updated. But I'm working on it, so not too far in the future.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Evander

Post by Evander »

Thank you, and I am looking forward to play it :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Evander wrote:New version is not working properly with 1.9.9

It shows error message like this:
I am loading averyimaginativename's save files from a post above, and they all seem to work, oddly enough. I wonder if the problem is that you don't have Archaic Era installed? That's where that macro is defined.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
averyimaginativename

Post by averyimaginativename »

I'm getting errors too. Running trunk, and the latest version of Archaic Era and Trinity (Wesnoth and both add-ons updated today).

Code: Select all

ERROR DETAILS:
Macro/file 'ARCHAIC_CAMPAIGN' is missing at ~add-ons/Trinity/_main.cfg:44
Removing {ARCHAIC_CAMPAIGN} from _main.cfg gives me the same error as Evander

Code: Select all

ERROR DETAILS:
Macro/file 'ARCHAIC_WEAPON_VECTOR_2' is missing at ~add-ons/Trinity/units/Echidna-Low.cfg:53 included from ~add-ons/Trinity/_main.cfg:49

20111022 17:24:04 error general: Unknown scenario: '3_00'
Starting a new campaign, or loading saves (including my start of scenario saves that work for you) gives the same result.
UMC Story Images web gallery

On an indefinite Wesbreak for health reasons - please only try to get my attention for UMC story images website issues.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Ah, I am beginning to remember now, thanks This is a downside to SVN, combined with my disorganization. I'll have an update that fixes this later today.
EDIT: It is done, 1.0.7 is released. Not much is new, but it should work now.
kele

Post by kele »

Hi,
I started to translate the campaign, and found some mistypes.
here are they:

00_intro.cfg:23 Weldynn instead of Weldyn
3_H01_Beggar.cfg:41 The Prince saw... than a old man. instead of ... than an old man.
3_H01_Beggar.cfg:59 Death of Dardarus instead of Death of Dardrus
3_H02_Weldyn.cfg:242, 279 The Queen had recieved... instead of The Queen had received...
3_H04_Signal.cfg:28 He explained... a possible allie. instead of He explained... a possible allies.
3_H04_Signal.cfg:44 Dolevan watched... replid Haldred instead of Dolevan watched... replied Haldrad
3_H05_Encounter.cfg:26 The group... flipping though... instead of The group... flipping through...
3_H05_Encounter.cfg:26 ...conatinated... instead of ...?... (maybe concatenated) or is it American?

from 1.10 branch

sorry for form, originally it was tabulated
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks. They will be fixed next time.
kele wrote:3_H05_Encounter.cfg:26 ...conatinated... instead of ...?... (maybe concatenated) or is it American?
It should be "contained".
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

kele wrote: 3_H04_Signal.cfg:28 He explained... a possible allie. instead of He explained... a possible allies.
grammatically that would better be "a possible ally" or "a possible alliance" or "some possible allies", depending on the context
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

tr0ll wrote:
kele wrote: 3_H04_Signal.cfg:28 He explained... a possible allie. instead of He explained... a possible allies.
grammatically that would better be "a possible ally" or "a possible alliance" or "some possible allies", depending on the context
I think "allie" happened because I was afraid of making it a "passable alley".

1.0.8 has been released. The last scenario of one of the branches has been rewritten. It still needs some work but is playable. If anyone finds anything, please let me know.

Also, the above spelling errors were fixed and some large, unused images (~3.5 MB!) were removed.
Evander

Post by Evander »

Doofus,

Thanks for fixing it ;)

Finished it few weeks ago, and basically this keeps up with Bad Moon Rising pretty well.

Not much more to say than that it is very good piece of work :)

One weak point I found however was with the story line and the queen - or rather with the king dying mysteriously.
I don't exactly remember how this story was told in Under the Burning Suns, but this merfolk witch there didn't mentioned king dying soon after ordering a sun to be raised into the sky.
Then again, maybe it's just my memory playing tricks with me :)

9/10 for the final rating, considering it is an epilogue to Bad Moon Rising and should not be played alone.
Gurgl

Post by Gurgl »

Help! I'm getting weird stuff.
On scenario 3 of the chton campaign (capturing Ullien Del), at the beginning, instead of having 1 Echidna and 1 Keldan, I get two Keldan (making therefore impossible to capture Ullien Del with the right person. Any clue?
Great story, by the way.