1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.9/1.10 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

I don't think I've seen that before. If you send me the savefile, I might be able to do something.

If you used debug commands, that could be the problem, but if not, and you are using a recent 1.9.x BfW version, then it is an unfortunate bug.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Swiss_Army_Cheese

Post by Swiss_Army_Cheese »

Doofus-01, would you happen to know what is the name of the piece of music that plays during the epilogues of Bad Moon Rising and Trinity? If the answer is "Yes", then would you please tell me the name of the piece?
Lastly, do you know if it occours any where in mainline campaigns?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I think you are talking about "triumph.ogg"? It was submitted in the music forum, but was not accepted to mainline for some reason. I included it in Archaic Era.
EDIT: Link: http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22216
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Swiss_Army_Cheese

Post by Swiss_Army_Cheese »

Strange... I can't get that piece to work by clicking on Jeremy's links nor opening the links with itunes.

But from other people's critiques about the song being "too happy" at certain points, which is an opinion I share of the song, I have deduced that the song I mentioned and the song (that I sadly could not access) in the topic are one and the same.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

He posted the files over three years ago, so it's not that surprising that the links no longer work. The .ogg file can be obtained from Archaic Era, if not somewhere else.

If you need to contact the creator, not sure what to say... Maybe try asking on IRC, if you can't find contact info from his forum account.
lipk

Post by lipk »

The description of the campaign says:
Wesnoth is under assault from horrors from the Norths.
Isn't that should be "...under assault by horrors..."?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Not sure... Though having "from" twice so close like that looks dumb. I'll change it, thanks.
oror

Post by oror »

Hi,
I'm stuck at "Rebirth". Echidna "merged" with the shyde leader, and now the only living elf (besides those captured) is Keldan, also the status table says that Keldan team has only one unit...
Attachments
Tri-Rebirth_Turn_17.gz
(89.51 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

You needed to attack a Shaman with Echidna so that she could turn Keldan into a Khthon, rather than a mindless Thrall. Unfortunately, there are no more Shamans in your save, though I guess you could create one with :debug and then right-click menu.

I've updated the objective note, so that it should be more clear. Maybe I could also add a defeat condition if you kill/enthrall all Shamans without Echidna.
oror

Post by oror »

Thanks, I actually misunderstood the hint: I used shamans in order to slow down Kendan without loosing units, while killing the elves.
Now I moved some units away from the keep, so he could recruit some shamans and everything went ok.
Thanks again.
g8rfan

Post by g8rfan »

on rebirth, I think I have tried every combination of Glendorra attacking the sylph, glendorra attacking shamans, etc. and eventually kill every elf on the board and nothing happens. What am I missing??
g8rfan

Post by g8rfan »

it would seem I dont have an Echidna or Leggon...I am assuming they are supposed to have spawn in the 3 hex keep to the north? now what? the story can't progress.

I even backed up to "the island" and refinished the scenario and everytime there is no Echidna/Leggon...
Attachments
Tri-Rebirth.gz
(17.67 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

You aren't supposed to be Glendora... Something went wrong at the end of the first Echidna/Leggon scenario. If you still have the save-game from the end of that scenario, it would be helpful for figuring it out.
g8rfan

Post by g8rfan »

I don't know which one you mean, so will include a couple:
Attachments
Tri-The_Island_Turn_9.gz
(54.21 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
Tri-Prince_Haldrad_and_The_..._Turn_6.gz
(31.77 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
Tri-A_New_Vessal_Turn_10.gz
(40.15 KiB) Downloaded 537 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

OK, I see what happened. Changes I'd made to the Khthon faction a while back are having unintended consequences. I've got a quick fix that prevents "enthrallment" from working on leaders. It will be in the next Archaic_Era release. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and thanks for the save-file.

In the meantime, you can avoid turning Glendora into a thrall (and then screwing up the later scenario) by finishing her off with a thrall/elf rather than a khthon/beast.