1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

averyimaginativename

Re: 1.9/1.10 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by averyimaginativename »

I think it's illiusions-II you want, but just in case, they're both there.
Attachments
Tri-Illusions_II.gz
(46.75 KiB) Downloaded 592 times
Tri-Illusions.gz
(44.14 KiB) Downloaded 615 times
UMC Story Images web gallery

On an indefinite Wesbreak for health reasons - please only try to get my attention for UMC story images website issues.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

OK, I've got some updates to svn, not uploaded to server yet. The problem with Illusions not being beatable is more of a balance issue than a simple mistake, so it will take some testing. The rest is polish rather than show-stoppers, so it is not as high priority. However this:
averyimaginativename wrote:There is a depreciated tag warning in the Finale when Hera first speaks to the player, then leaves for the shroud to fight Nemesis. It's still working for now thoug
is going to be a show-stopper in the future, does anyone know what the message is? I hope it's not MOVE_UNIT.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
averyimaginativename

Here's the stderr.

Code: Select all

20110709 21:59:10 warning engine: Could not find move_unit_fake route from 39,17 to 46,22: ignoring complexities
20110709 21:59:15 warning engine: Could not find move_unit_fake route from 39,21 to 4,19: ignoring complexities
ALSA lib pcm.c:7245:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
20110709 21:59:56 warning engine: cannot show message
20110709 21:59:56 warning engine: cannot show message
20110709 22:04:02 error wml: empty side= and no [filter_side] is deprecated
20110709 22:04:21 warning engine: cannot show message
The only bit that shows up in game is:

Code: Select all

20110709 22:04:02 error wml: empty side= and no [filter_side] is deprecated

On an indefinite Wesbreak for health reasons - please only try to get my attention for UMC story images website issues.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Looking at the WML in that event, I don't know what is causing the message. I guess we'll just have to see what happens in BfW 1.9.8, unfortunately

In any case, I've uploaded 1.0.6. I can't say it was thoroughly play-tested, but it should address most of the above-mentioned issues.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Speaking of play-testing, I've got a favor to ask of anyone reading this who has a somewhat recent (let's say BfW 1.9.6+) start-of-scenario save file for this: Could you either post or PM me a copy? Any scenario, though the later ones are more useful. I'll try to clean this up, and that would really speed things along. Yeah, there's :debug [return] :cl, but this campaign is not compatible with that.

Thanks!
averyimaginativename

Here are all the start of scenario saves from 1.0.5
Attachments
trinity.tar.gz
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 570 times

doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, man. Better than I could have hoped for.
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

Hello! I have played many versions of this campaign, and I love it. The only thing is, I hit the same wall every time and in every version- Storming Weldyn. I am sickeningly unable to beat it. I am currently playing 1.9.7, and I see that you've made it somewhat easier than it was previously (I think- I don't remember the random Kythons showing up before and I am not sure that last time I played it the elves with Ullion Dell came over to my side after the explosion), but I still can't seem to beat it. This may be due to my own lack of skill, or perhaps I am just not thinking about it right, but every time I play that scenario, I seem to make progress and then get overwhelmed and give up in despair. This is probably not the fault of your design- but if you happen to feel like giving some pointers, I'd appreciate it- I'd like to move on to the next scenario, and for some reason I've never gotten the debug mode trick to work for me, so I can't skip it.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It sounds like you got to the explosion, which is where I'd have thought the hang-up would be. Who is doing the overwhelming?

Edit: Well, debug should be safe as long as you use things like the "create unit" option (within reason - giving yourself an army of Fire Dragons will pretty much ruin any campaign). Don't use things like the ":cl" option, that will break the campaign.
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

I think I may be timing the explosion wrong. My current idea is to wait until Ullien Dell (sp?) has spent most of his money (so I get more elves), meanwhile trying to lure as many people as possible to the Mage of Light's fort. Once Ullien Dell is near-ish to broke, I trigger the explosion. But my elf team meanwhile gets swamped and my Kython troop gets worn down. I sometimes explode the general's fort instead and try to run Echidna down there to recruit from there, but her bodyguards all get killed and then she is immobilized and then killed too. When do you think the best time is to trigger the explosion?
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

I trigger it around turn 3, when all the General's troops are bunched together and have arcane skills.

I noticed that when I load the Spirits scenario, I cant recall my royal guardsman. Why?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Matherton wrote: My current idea is to wait until Ullien Dell (sp?) has spent most of his money (so I get more elves), meanwhile trying to lure as many people as possible to the Mage of Light's fort. Once Ullien Dell is near-ish to broke, I trigger the explosion. But my elf team meanwhile gets swamped
You may be waiting too long then, if that is coming at the expense of villages and more total enemies on the map, even if you kill more of them. I lost almost all elves when I played it, certainly all of the ones that changed sides - use them to waste the enemy's time and grab villages. Not sure how much that helps, but it's what I got.
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:I noticed that when I load the Spirits scenario, I cant recall my royal guardsman. Why?
Not sure. If you used debug, all bets are off. If not, it sounds like a bug, but the first I remember hearing of it.
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

I also seem to have 150 gold (the minimum?) when I get to Storming Weldyn. That may be the trouble?
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

This is just me, but it would seem that Bresda and Ponce are VERY underpowered. I usually have to keep them off to the side just to keep them from getting killed. Maybe a ranged attack (even a minute one) would be helpful.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Matherton wrote:I also seem to have 150 gold (the minimum?) when I get to Storming Weldyn. That may be the trouble?
That would make it very difficult, yes. I'll up the starting gold, I believe 300 is more reasonable. You can edit the file Trinity/scenarios/3_K04_Storm.cfg and change line 201 from "{GOLD 150 125 100}" (or whatever it was) to "{GOLD 300 225 150}". Or whatever gold you want, the first one of three is for the EASY difficulty level. I'd be interested in knowing what you think a good value is.
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:This is just me, but it would seem that Bresda and Ponce are VERY underpowered. I usually have to keep them off to the side just to keep them from getting killed. Maybe a ranged attack (even a minute one) would be helpful.
Possibly. I might have been over-compensating for Nemesis.